The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

They should do what Kilmarnock do and give u16s a free season ticket .

I definitely think Partick have got the right idea. I’m sure years ago they gave free ST to kids with a paying adult and many of them are now home and away fans for the club. 

Think season ticket sales will probably only ever be incremental increases season on season for Ayr while still in the championship. Don’t think they’d ever be a substantial uplift unless we got promoted. Still could be up on sales of last season though as I’m sure there is always a late surge just before season starts and to be fair our first game is away so still time.

Edited by malkyshotton

Economical reasons for folk is def a big part of it. Maybe lay off things like releasing a third and fourth top, and let folk know beforehand and the reason why match day prices are going up this season instead of just springing it on fans.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I definitely think Partick have got the right idea. I’m sure years ago they gave free ST to kids with a paying adult and many of them are now home and away fans for the club. 

Kilmarnock do 2 adults and 2 kids for £600 .

An adult ticket is like £450

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think resentment is a strong word but they certainly seem a bit confused as to why the take up hasn’t been higher. I think it’s far more to do with economical reasons rather than folk being unhappy with Bullen or his tactics. The playoffs obviously left a sour taste and the lack of noise from the club over the summer allowed that to sit with everyone. 

The club also have to realise that it’s their job to sell tickets and not our job to buy them. All this together has potentially led to a poorer uptake than the club expected. 

Bullen asked what the expectations were at the start of the season, when a few folk said avoid relegation, he stuck his chin out as if to say we were ungrateful. Despite the fact he and Mathie said at different points during the season that we were going for the title. 
"I see folk say, Bully needs an experienced assistant, I'm 50 something" sticking two fingers up at someone who asked him a question. 

Mathie said he didn't know where the 5 year plan came from, he said it was a generational plan and and we intended to get promoted within a generation which could be 10-15 years.  

We can't compete with clubs that sell more season tickets. Mathie said last season he set a target of 1500, then did f**k all promotion of them apart from moaning no one was buying them. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mathie said he didn't know where the 5 year plan came from, he said it was a generational plan and and we intended to get promoted within a generation which could be 10-15 years.

With an answer like that I'm not sure whether he's talking about promotion or independence.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

With an answer like that I'm not sure whether he's talking about promotion or independence.

It was technically "competing regularly in the premier league" he said but from what he is saying, by the time we reach the premier league, Ollie Ecripont will be a veteran player. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

I know this usually pisses people off...

I have not seen one bit of advertisement for the club's matches ANYWHERE in about 10 years apart from social media....

That wee dude that's the commercial manger needs to get his finger out basically...

My dad who is 67 requires me telling him when the games are a he doesn't do social media..

P.s I hope someone at the club sees this...👀👀👀 

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bullen asked what the expectations were at the start of the season, when a few folk said avoid relegation, he stuck his chin out as if to say we were ungrateful. Despite the fact he and Mathie said at different points during the season that we were going for the title. 
"I see folk say, Bully needs an experienced assistant, I'm 50 something" sticking two fingers up at someone who asked him a question. 

We can't compete with clubs that sell more season tickets. Mathie said last season he set a target of 1500, then did f**k all promotion of them apart from moaning no one was buying them. 

I don’t disagree with much of that but I still maintain that it’s more confusion rather than resentment that the club is feeling. 

5 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I know this usually pisses people off...

I have not seen one bit of advertisement for the club's matches ANYWHERE in about 10 years apart from social media....

That wee dude that's the commercial manger needs to get his finger out basically...

My dad who is 67 requires me telling him when the games are a he doesn't do social media..

P.s I hope someone at the club sees this...👀👀👀 

This is the same for every club and I’m not sure what they are expected to do? Post flyers? The AP usually does a sheet with all the games and dates on them in pre season so the club could do something like that but the issue is that it would be difficult for them to target people. 

If you want someone at the club to see it then bring it forward. I’m genuinely not sure what the answer is but the all round engagement with fans needs to be better for sure. 

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think resentment is a strong word but they certainly seem a bit confused as to why the take up hasn’t been higher. I think it’s far more to do with economical reasons rather than folk being unhappy with Bullen or his tactics. The playoffs obviously left a sour taste and the lack of noise from the club over the summer allowed that to sit with everyone. 

The club also have to realise that it’s their job to sell tickets and not our job to buy them. All this together has potentially led to a poorer uptake than the club expected. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the target was 1,500

Folk were certainly a lot more pissed off after Play-Offs than i think club realised (for some weird reason) and as you say after that doing the club literally went radio silent the whole of June apart from announcing two signings and an away top. 

Plus we were one of the last to sell season tickets not starting them until the end of June for some bizarre reason, pretty sure there was a point Dunfermline were announcing 1,000 season ticket sales meanwhile ours weren't even out yet.

Certainly feel like there's some stuff off the pitch which could certainly be sharpened up

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is the same for every club and I’m not sure what they are expected to do? 

They could start by maintaining an email list of people who have contacted the club, bought from the club shop or bought tickets and send them weekly emails with details of fixtures (with link to buy tickets), club news and a divisional roundup. Nothing too complicated, but puts the information in front of potentially interested people efficiently.

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Just over 1,100 tickets so far , total last year 1300

Just going back to this post. I think these are the numbers we’re always going to see in our current situation. 1000-1300 is where I see us at. 

That only goes up after promotion to the top league or if the club starts spunking money, Barr style. 

We may have broken 1500 this season had the club been active over the summer instead of sitting on their hands and waiting for the league cup to roll around. 

Just now, Iain said:

They could start by maintaining an email list of people who have contacted the club, bought from the club shop or bought tickets and send them weekly emails with details of fixtures (with link to buy tickets), club news and a divisional roundup. Nothing too complicated, but puts the information in front of potentially interested people efficiently.

I thought they were doing that, I used to get weekly emails until I unsubscribed. 

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

I got an email containing a good chunk of that just today. As well as ones advertising the next upcoming home game

Just now, Iain said:

The club must have a mailing list as I still get an email before every game. I agree this could be utilised better and they could send out emails with ticket links or advertising a new piece of kit that’s for sale in the shop. I was deliberately avoiding talking about tech as I was trying to think of how the club would engage with the older generation who aren’t as tech savvy and don’t have access to computers or smart phones. They might be in the minority but they’ll still be out there.