The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Just out of interest what do people think our home crowds could realistically look like in 3, 5, 10 or 15 years from now?

It really depends. 
If the club increase revenue by expanding the match day experience, having more people spending more time at the ground and spending more money, and then use that money to keep the price of tickets low, it could create an event rather than a football match. Imagine the club open day but it bookends a football match. 

I think you could add 1000 to gates plus extra revenue and help local businesses in the process. It could be piloted with Mathies idea of 5:30pm Saturday kick-offs

11 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Just out of interest what do people think our home crowds could realistically look like in 3, 5, 10 or 15 years from now?

f**k knows. 20 years ago we thought we would have flying cars by now but instead we have endless social media shite.

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If we got to the league above then 4,500 but more if we can stick around and play well. We would increase our home fan base overall but due to cost of attendance they would pick and choose games so might not be as good as we think.  Away fans much better and boosted by getting 5-7 sell outs per year. Increasing spend per fan ie hospitality , season tickets, grub and merchandise also important as to just getting bodies through the gate 

33 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Exactly this 💯........they need to sell the club more ...

Marketing of the club is terrible ..

I am currently in Cumnock and there is Cumnock juniors flyers and flags and adverts all over the town.....

Puts us to shame 

In fairness, you tend to get this throughout the villages and small towns of Ayrshire promoting the local junior team however I honestly don't remember seeing anything in Greenock promoting Morton, or in Paisley promoting St Mirren or in Dumbarton promoting Dumbarton or in Dunfermline promoting Dunfermline so It's not really "putting us to shame" as it's a completely different situation.

29 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Average 1,500 for each of those listed. 

The offline stuff is away in terms of print or signs.  Doesn't work.  

It's about going out into the community and being visible almost all the time at least something every couple of weeks with some players, schools, hospitals, food banks etc etc etc.  Not just because there's a big match coming up and you've targeted a large crowd for it.  

Are a family of 4 going to spend upwards of £50 to watch a Championship match as a new family hobby or are they going to do the umpteen other things that cost a fraction of that?

The complaints of lack of marketing seem to be about not connecting with the older generation. No idea why they’d spend resources on that. The fact the SRE resembles a crèche every second Saturday would point to the fact they’re doing a decent job.

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Speaking of marketing, we used to advertise when the next match was on a big digital ad board on Whitletts. Do we still do that? It's been an age since I've driven in that way.

The locals on whitletts Road across from the board complained about it so it was taken down.

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The offline stuff is away in terms of print or signs.  Doesn't work.  

It's about going out into the community and being visible almost all the time at least something every couple of weeks with some players, schools, hospitals, food banks etc etc etc.  Not just because there's a big match coming up and you've targeted a large crowd for it.  

I think that's been a lot of things the club have been doing.

Stenhousemuir do a good offer for community members:

My son who is a 'Young Maroon' (which is the community coaching that Stennie do) gets a free u16 season ticket and we can buy a parent's season ticket for £70. Their adult season ticket price is £200.

We do pay for the community coaching (I can't remember the cost but it's cheaper than alternate childcare).

I'm not sure if Ayr do this? It would be a join up with the Academy presumably? Stennie also have 10 payment installment plans for season tickets as well (I think it costs a wee bit more though).

I only know that because my son is at Ochilview every Saturday morning and spent a few weeks in the summer holidays at Ochilview on their coaching programmes.

It does seem quite forward thinking, I am getting dragged to Ochilview today (I couldn't make it down to Greenock anyway - was out last night and I've over done it!).

Don't worry though we'll both be at Somerset next Saturday!