The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

After getting our hopes up from breezing through a jobby league cup group they've inevitably come crashing back down to earth with a bump the first game we've faced half decent opposition. 

Can call me negative all you like but I still think Bullen won't last until Christmas 

That was chaotic from start to finish. I'm assuming we had no other option but to play Musonda but he was well off it today. McAllister I think injured himself diving in to a challenge (what's new?) but on the plus side Reading wasnt terrible. Ahui looked terrified every time the ball came near him but I did feel he was harshly booked. He will need to get up to speed very quickly, this is not tinpot Irish football. 

Unfortunately the same old problems in midfield, they can't hold the ball for any length of time and were left chasing shadows for large spells in the game. I don't think we are helped by having McKenzie and Bryden up front together, they were pretty powderpuff after a bright start. Rose will need to be really good to keep us out of danger. 

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Was it just me or did anyone else think Ahui looked a bit like Bangala MK2? Ball bounced off him, crosses went wayward and his dreadful control and challenge that lead to the yellow. He looked way out his depth

Yes to all of that. 

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Was it just me or did anyone else think Ahui looked a bit like Bangala MK2? Ball bounced off him, crosses went wayward and his dreadful control and challenge that lead to the yellow. He looked way out his depth

He arrived on Friday, I doubt he did a full training session with the first team. He may be shite but deserves another week of training before we make a call on him

19 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Bullen looks raging in this, like he’s daring Callum to ask him a stupid question so he can boot f**k out him.

his tactics, his team.

Hopefully he’ll put things tight this week, ether playing squad or tactics and learns from it.

Hopefully 

12 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Bangala 2: Electric Boogaloo

Edited by Richey Edwards

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Brutally honest and I don't think it's for the benefit of the camera either.

We have to be mentally stronger than that especially away from home and especially being 1 nil up.

Let's also not forget it is game 1 of 36.

It’s the first game of this season but how many times did we put these kind of performances in last season or the season prior. 

It’s becoming a trademark of a Lee Bullen side to be soft against more street wise or experienced teams.

Ahui looks left for a bit of confidence from an experienced player and sees McGinty watch a ball bounce over his head like a toddler and give away a penalty. He then decides to look in front of him and sees McGeady look like someone’s da in the garden at a birthday party. 

8 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

He then decides to look in front of him and sees McGeady look like someone’s da in the garden at a birthday party. 

😂

Why does he do the wee hesitation thing before he moves every time he gets the ball?

It's like he's trying to rev up.

ETA. Obviously I hope he's just needing game time to get up to speed.

Edited by AuAl