The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Me too another striker would be good. I’d like a left back- strapp preferably but that doesn’t need done tonight 

I presume the Sunderland striker isn't happening as that would need to be done by 11pm tonight as it would be a cross-border loan

Just now, Rb123 said:

I presume the Sunderland striker isn't happening as that would need to be done by 11pm tonight as it would be a cross-border loan

11pm is the deadline in England but up here it’s 12am I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

They are in the same U21 league as Manchester United and Arsenal, however. 

I knew they used to be but didn’t care enough to check. I’m happy enough with the senga coming in probably offers more than pendlebury 

eta if he is like boateng I will be fucking delighted

Edited by ryanayr1987

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, that is possibly the case or will at least be playing a part. I’ll hopefully be able to get a stream tomorrow, to ease my fears a little! Young looked like he could offer something, so if one of the other two could just be of good championship level! If they aren’t up to it, we are into scary territory though given the weaknesses in the full backs areas and an unproven striker too. 

As discussed earlier, Bullen’s comments in the press conference have become far stranger though!

Arbroath s one of the few places i've noticed had a stream running this season. 

22 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Me too another striker would be good. I’d like a left back- strapp preferably but that doesn’t need done tonight 

I'd enjoy a striker and a left-back as well. I'd have liked an experienced centre mid but we've already got a few so doubt we'll be getting anymore. 

I hope I'm proven wrong, but having so many young midfielders doesn't exactly inspire confidence. 

On another note that nobody has mentioned, how do we think Paul Smith is feeling?

Supposed to be seen as the next big upcoming talent from the academy who's a midfielder is now surrounded by a 19/22/23 year old midfield signings in the last week who are all of the same type of mould as himself? Doesn't bode well for him getting a good run in the middle of the park to prove himself considering none of the parent clubs will have sent their guys up here to warm the bench?

Edited by Rb123

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I thought Ryan McGowan was one of St Johnstones better players

He was last season, but there was literally no competition.

We've switched to a system that requires high energy midfielders/full backs who want to have the ball, McGowan isn't any of that while also being a high earning 33yo. Its a no brainer to let him leave for first team football elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was last season, but there was literally no competition.

We've switched to a system that requires high energy midfielders/full backs who want to have the ball, McGowan isn't any of that while also being a high earning 33yo. Its a no brainer to let him leave for first team football elsewhere.

Do you have any info on the two new signings syla and senga at all? 

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I fear Dick Campbell's team of wily old foxes will run right through our midfield or kids, hope i'm wrong though

If they don't manage to run through they can always try the physical route. Hopefully Musonda plays as when the forward area is factored in it ain't really a strong spine

7 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

On another note that nobody has mentioned, how do we think Paul Smith is feeling?

Supposed to be seen as the next big upcoming talent from the academy who's a midfielder is now surrounded by a 19/22/23 year old midfield signings in the last week who are all of the same type of mould as himself? Doesn't bode well for him getting a good run in the middle of the park to prove himself considering none of the parent clubs will have sent their guys up here to warm the bench?

I like smith .really good passer of the ball. And set pieces .a bit lightweight still .

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do you have any info on the two new signings syla and senga at all? 

Can only make charts for players who have 600+ senior minutes in a season, I'm afraid. Neither seem to appear.

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I like smith .really good passer of the ball. And set pieces .a bit lightweight still .

This is fair.

I think there is a player there. Especially with the system we are trying to play, he should be like a deep lying playmaker picking the ball up from the defense and playing passes to our front three. He's got a very good range of passing.

18 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

If I was being brutally honest, he hasn’t shown nearly enough when given the opportunity. Young players need to grasp their opportunity when they get their chance and he hasn’t. I still think he’ll start tomorrow though, and hope he starts to do that. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This is fair.

I think there is a player there. Especially with the system we are trying to play, he should be like a deep lying playmaker picking the ball up from the defense and playing passes to our front three. He's got a very good range of passing.

I think so too, but he didn’t even attempt to do it at the weekend or against Inverness. He is 21 now and needs to be showing more when he gets the chance or he will drift away and barely play. He has shown he can do it at times, so I don’t know if it’s a confidence issue, system issue or whatever but he just needs to be brave and demand the ball IMO.