The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Against my better judgement I went along to this. Honestly one of the worst games I've seen. First half especially was basically about 70% possession to them and all the "acton" was down the Railway end. We improved a bit second half helped by Falkirk taking off Morrison and a  few others. Dont think the young lad Hogarth had a save to make. Utter pish 

Is he the legendary Myles Hogarth's son?

Really pathetic vibes above us tonight. There's no way that team stays up in the championship with that level of performance and tactics. Nothing about Bullen's time so far gives me the impression that he is capable of turning that around.

I think I'll be giving the next few a miss. Horrible to spend money and watch that stuff.

Bullen should not be given any more than 2 league games. He has a gap now until the Partick game. If there is no sign of improvement in performance, attitude and tactics by the end of the month then he goes.

Next 4 fixtures - Partick, Queens Park, Raith and Airdrie. Regardless of who the manager is by the first week of October, where are the points coming from?

Tbh I fully expect to be in the middle of October with 8 played in the league and 7 losses. Geez. 

That was truly one of the worst footballing performances I've witnessed.

As mentioned earlier, it looked like 11  random lads thrown together. hammering the ball at each other and hoping the other guy can somehow control it, firing long balls from the keeper up to a guy who's never a target man, with no-one to flick it onto.

A young guy in defence who seems utterly shot to bits confidence wise already.

Least the moon rise was nice as I drove home.

Wild takes - folk even mentioning McCall as Bullens replacement.  The guy made his pish stained bed so he can lie in it. I thank him for what he did for us, but the time has passed and he couldnt leave us quick enough when Partick opened their legs 

Also this ain't all on Bullen. Mathie has a lot to answer for as well 

According to Soccerway, we've only won 4 league games at home in 2023. What's worse is that two of those wins were against Cove & Accies and another was against a Raith team who only named one sub!

Edited to add: In 2023, we have a 38% win percentage in all league games. 

Edited by Shibuya

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

According to Soccerway, we've only won 4 league games at home in 2023. What's worse is that two of those wins were against Cove & Accies and another was against a Raith team who only named one sub!

4 wins at Somerset, that falls on Bullen. Somerset used to be a fortress that other teams hated coming to 😒

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

If you think he was the problem tonight you need to be watching another sport.

Buky, he was certainly part of it, a rotten full back, miles away from who he was suppose to be marking giving them space to eploit the wings, he looked lost at times moving more into the middle of the park, and with the ball at his feet, it felt like he was playing for Falkirk at times.

Along with McGeady hiding and Rose being isolated which isnt really his fault, what have I missed?

Only shining light I've seen this season is Stanger

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

If you think he was the problem tonight you need to be watching another sport.

Whit? He was dreadful. Constantly out of position and never in control of his own feet. I would genuinely be shocked if we saw him again after tonight. 

The two happiest players tonight will be Nick McAllister and Paddy Reading as based on tonight there’s no chance their starting spots are under threat.