The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We needed that today. A proper crunch match and we stood up well and deserved the three points. 

Wasn’t pretty at times but I don’t think any performance will be for the remainder of the season. Just need to collect points any way we can. 

Bullen usually (and rightfully so) gets stick for his subs but today he made correct ones thought Smith made a huge difference coming on

barring any injuries would probably roughly start the team that finished today away at Raith on friday

Sean McGinty worth MOTM and I dare say on course for player of the season so far?

Not a great performance but still much better than the previous few weeks. Scrape a draw away to Raith (unlikely) and bear Dunfermline and we can hopefully start looking up again.

The whole back 4 were excellent today, even Ahui who I though handled the wee winger on that side quite well. Young, Chalmers, and Amartey were all also solid. Just need to keep grinding out results for the rest of the season, won't be pretty but we have more than enough about us to finish 5th/6th and be clear of any danger.

Those 3 points today could be vital, especially with Arbroath winning.

Thought Ahui done well today after his usual shaky start. Dowds could have scored a few if he'd had a bit of luck too.

As much as i love Chalmers sometimes he just needs to do the simple thing when that's what's needed. Still a great player though.

You can see the player McGeady was in flashes but his legs are done.

McGinty was excellent today, strode forward like a prime Beckenbaur a few times.

Also said at 60 minutes that it was fine for Bullen to make his usual bonkers subs and ruin it for us but he actually made sensible choices. I'm absolutely flabbergasted by that. Felt certain a McKenzie for Dowds swap was on the cards.

Hopefully we can kick on from here. No matter what i think of Bullen, he's here till the end of the season. If the recruitment is more sensible in January and we keep Chalmers / Dowds we might stay up.

Did the official attendance include the 200 police standing doing nothing? Very heavy handed.

8 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Those 3 points today could be vital, especially with Arbroath winning.

Thought Ahui done well today after his usual shaky start. Dowds could have scored a few if he'd had a bit of luck too.

As much as i love Chalmers sometimes he just needs to do the simple thing when that's what's needed. Still a great player though.

You can see the player McGeady was in flashes but his legs are done.

McGinty was excellent today, strode forward like a prime Beckenbaur a few times.

Also said at 60 minutes that it was fine for Bullen to make his usual bonkers subs and ruin it for us but he actually made sensible choices. I'm absolutely flabbergasted by that. Felt certain a McKenzie for Dowds swap was on the cards.

Hopefully we can kick on from here. No matter what i think of Bullen, he's here till the end of the season. If the recruitment is more sensible in January and we keep Chalmers / Dowds we might stay up.

Did the official attendance include the 200 police standing doing nothing? Very heavy handed.

I will say he played much better second half then he did first, basically created our two best chances that half but if starting it should be in this number 10 role and not out wide (only play him there if he’s coming on form the bench)

Edited by muZZa__44

Nice to actually have a home win.

Some of the first half was woeful quality from both teams. One bit of quality and Dowds scores what looked like a great header from the Somerset Road end. Lucky escape when Airdrie hit the post.

Looked much better second half. Had the fear we would repeat the Queens Park situation and sit back all half.

Thought McGinty had a very good game. Ahui defended well, saw the ball out of play well at times. Dowds on a permanent transfer would be a good start to January transfer window.

Referee and especially stand side linesman were utter wretched. (same linesman was shite at the Raith home game a while back if I recall correctly).

The only change I’d make to the team going forward is to bring either Syla or Smith in for McGeady and push Dempsey higher up. He slows the play down massively although he did create a couple of good chances I think that was more down to Airdrie playing such a high line. 

27 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

One of the 7 of them stood outside the bogs at the exit was saying it was a very very easy shift and they knew it would be quiet cos Ayr train station was shut.  Absolute nonsense the club have to pay for that shite. 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only change I’d make to the team going forward is to bring either Syla or Smith in for McGeady and push Dempsey higher up. He slows the play down massively although he did create a couple of good chances I think that was more down to Airdrie playing such a high line. 

Away from home, definitely. 

Not at home though - just about getting the right balance. 

I don’t think he offered too much, outwith two or three moments but he slows the game down at times as he is looking for an option tbh. 

I think his performance was probably similar to our other attacking midfield players - some good flashes but not enough overall. Our inability in the first half to do anything obviously didn’t help that.