The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'd be amazed if Rovers won the league by the way, they fell apart without Stanton and to be honest i felt they were fortunate with the red card. There's also an argument that the foul for the penalty was outside the box but I'd need to see it again and the ref doesn't get that opportunity, I guess. 

To be fair you could see Chalmers and Dowds were starting to flag but Amarty seemed fresh so hopefully he’s not injured. It was a cold night sitting there but the second half fair warmed everyone up, that last goal was gut wrenching though. 
Ahui had a good game held his own against Dick and Easton, and played well with Chalmers. 

Not to detract from what was a very good performance from the team, but why on earth was there a small group of our supporters having a go at the rest of the away support, then stewards, then the club shop staff during the first half?

The game hadn't even kicked off yet and they were going off about how shite the rest of the support was (having travelled to Kirkcaldy on a Friday night) for not singing etc.  Shouting abuse at players and screaming about someone being a grass.

Full of the old "am a better fan than you" patter. Thankfully they seemed to f**k off at half time. Bizarre behaviour.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Dowds looked knackered when he was taken off but we don’t have another player that can take his place. Unfortunately 

McKenzie would have been a marginally better option to replace Dowds in that situation, if he hadn’t inexplicably already been subbed on for Amartey.

January is going to be interesting.   

Attacking options wise this squad should be top half.    It looks like a Raith v Dundee Utd title battle then a free for all.

Our full backs tend to get rinsed and we blame them - but Chalmers and Amartey absolutely destroyed Raiths today at times and they are still top...

Do we need 4 or 5 players based on today? Or 1 or 2 and a manager?

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Not to detract from what was a very good performance from the team, but why on earth was there a small group of our supporters having a go at the rest of the away support, then stewards, then the club shop staff during the first half?

The game hadn't even kicked off yet and they were going off about how shite the rest of the support was (having travelled to Kirkcaldy on a Friday night) for not singing etc.  Shouting abuse at players and screaming about someone being a grass.

Full of the old "am a better fan than you" patter. Thankfully they seemed to f**k off at half time. Bizarre behaviour.

I mind some tit from the young team giving it that shite patter at a home game a few years ago now. Wonder if it was the same guy/group.

12 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I can only assume they are either children or have an institutionalised mentality. There are a few in every support who haven't suffered enough disappointments to temper their expectations and appreciate the highs, they also see any internal criticism as a sort of insubordination. 

I have seen a few times on here that the club shop staff have been targeted, they are either mouthy or they are scapegoats for the management during the game and I have to assume it's the latter. 

What a rollercoaster

McGeady has given us his best contribution whilst being with us, what a goal, unfortunate he was sacrificed at half time because of McGinty's silliness. Senga was more than capable at centre half during the second half. Be interesting to see what we do in January as we obviously lose Musonda to Zambia

Jack Young was phenomenial tonight, did everything right, a bit of Ross Docherty about him. Superb.
Amartey caused them all sorts of problems, chaos loved
Glad to see Dempsey back to his best, probably the best player plucked out of the lower leagues since the Glendinning experiment (not including Dipo) His finish was dynamite.

Mutch seems to be the #1 now, any complaints?

Disappointed we never got the 3 but delighted we got a point

Edited by diege

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes. 4 of them

Agreed, Albinson back next week please. I think they have a plan that we sell Charlie on and Mutch steps in. I'm not convinced

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I can only assume they are either children or have an institutionalised mentality. There are a few in every support who haven't suffered enough disappointments to temper their expectations and appreciate the highs, they also see any internal criticism as a sort of insubordination. 

I have seen a few times on here that the club shop staff have been targeted, they are either mouthy or they are scapegoats for the management during the game and I have to assume it's the latter. 

These guys were not children unfortunately. What was odd was how raging they were with everyone from the minute they arrived. Climbing up the stairs they were giving out all the stuff about the rest of the support being shite, just very fucking weird behaviour. Was quite ironic that they left at half time - I think their mate might have been chucked out.

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

This the Raith club shop we're talking about? I won't be having any wee shits talk badly about those lovely ladies who put time and effort into the Ayr club shop!

Nope, the Ayr club shop staff. I think one of them might have turned around and asked one of the guys to watch the game instead of screaming abuse at fans, players and stewards - at which point they were then on the recieving end of some of the shouts. Never understand why some folk use football as excuse to act like a total p***k.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Nope, the Ayr club shop staff. I think one of them might have turned around and asked one of the guys to watch the game instead of screaming abuse at fans, players and stewards - at which point they were then on the recieving end of some of the shouts. Never understand why some folk use football as excuse to act like a total p***k.

Absolutely no need for that. Those ladies are nothing short of brilliant and give an outstanding contribution to the club. It's nothing but disrespectful. I agree though, they don't sound like proper fans at all and were clearly using Kirkcaldy as a chance of a piss up.

If you support Ayr, you cannot mistake the shop staff. They will honestly help you with anything.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

They were definitely on something. Breathed a sigh of relief when they didn’t come back for the second half. They were standing in a garden across the road shouting abuse at the away support again in the second half and were laughed down.

Just want to add about the ladies from the shop that they had brought a few selection boxes with them and started handing them out to any weans that were there at full time. A real credit to the club.

The Amartey sub btw can only be explained as something that would look good on paper. Take your pacy dribble-first winger off for one that will dig in and is more likely to hold onto the ball.

Makes sense until you watched the game for about 30 seconds and saw that the guy getting us up the park the most was that same pacy dribble-first winger. We were under a lot of pressure for about a 5 minute period before Amartey won the ball got past 3 or 4 and just ran. Move finished with a Chalmers goal.

If something is working you don’t change it. It really is that simple.