The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Back to the fitba

I can only recall one stand out bit of play from us.

First half, Ahui, Chalmers, Dowds. One touch and pass all the way down the other end, quick pass and move.

The rest of the time, we get the ball and seems to want an extra couple of touches, takes the sting out. Touch, turn inside, look for a ball to a player who is static. Same at corners, no movement, no runners from the edge, it's hit it into an area and hope Sean can outjump someone's

Edited by Peil
Spelilng

It's genuinely scunnering how bad we are. Surely Mathie and Smith can see that? The fans and the club deserve better. The players deserve a manager who knows how to utilise their strengths and help them develop. 

This isn't it. Changes are needed urgently. 

Posted (edited)

The only player I was really impressed with was Young. He was everywhere and his use of the ball is getting better. He played a lovely chipped pass into Murphy and his cut back should’ve been tucked away by Dowds to make it 3-2.

For what it’s worth, Ahui is getting better as well. I have no idea what kind of horror show he dropped up at Morton but I thought he was okay today. 

Edit: I think Bullen will be away on Monday. The next home game is against Kelty and unless there’s a change I’m not bothering going. I have a season ticket so I’ll still be using it unless I get a better offer. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only player I was really impressed with was Young. He was everywhere and his use of the ball is getting better. He played a lovely chipped pass into Murphy and his cut back should’ve been tucked away by Dowds to make it 3-2.

For what it’s worth, Ahui is getting better as well. I have no idea what kind of horror show he dropped up at Morton but I thought he was okay today. 

Wasn't at the game today, but he was good according to my dad. Must've been a vast improvement over Morton as he was ripped apart.

Not 100% convinced yet but I'm now fairly confident he'll be away tomorrow or Monday. 

If he's gone, who would you like to see bought in? Tam Courts would be my pick, out of the game for a while so would likely take the job if offered, would get us defensively solid, fits into Smith's vision quite well.

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Chris Maguire scored a penalty in the FA Cup today. Right footed high to the keepers left as well.

The footballing gods are really loving us at the moment.

If folk weren’t angry enough with Bullen already, you had to go and bring up Chris Maguire 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Wasn't at the game today, but he was good according to my dad. Must've been a vast improvement over Morton as he was ripped apart.

He can’t cross or beat his man but defensively he’s getting stronger and covered for Stanger a few times. 

Chalmers does this really annoying thing when Ahui gets into the final third where he just stands on the touchline and doesn’t move. Ahui is dribbling and looking to release the ball to someone going in behind the full back but Chalmers never makes the run. Instead he likes to get the ball out wide and do his own thing. If that’s the kind of freedom that Bullen is giving him then we need a better manager for him. 

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Ahui was a bit shaky as usual but largely fine. Young was very good again and I'd consider extending his loan as with a more attacking midfielder in front of him I think he'd do well. That's about it for pass marks though, everyone else was below average or poor.

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Ahui was a bit shaky as usual but largely fine. Young was very good again and I'd consider extending his loan as with a more attacking midfielder in front of him I think he'd do well. That's about it for pass marks though, everyone else was below average or poor.

It’s a shame we can’t keep young and send Syla back

Ahui is an absolute bomb scare and takes about 30 minutes to even look warmed up. He can't control a ball and his style seems to be to let the opponent pass him and then make a recovery tackle.

Again though, it's hard to judge any player in the squad when it's that buffoon that's coaching them. He could turn it to be decent eventually. Wouldn't think so though.

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s a shame we can’t keep young and send Syla back

I would be trying Syla next to Young at this point tbh. He builds the play better than Dempsey does and he did have a good run of games up until the first half of the Queens Park game where he was very good in the first half before getting injured. 

Dempsey incredibly poor two games in a row now. 

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Ahui is an absolute bomb scare and takes about 30 minutes to even look warmed up. He can't control a ball and his style seems to be to let the opponent pass him and then make a recovery tackle.

Again though, it's hard to judge any player in the squad when it's that buffoon that's coaching them. He could turn it to be decent eventually. Wouldn't think so though.

Doesn’t offer much going forward, but thought he defended well throughout.  We had way bigger problems today.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He can’t cross or beat his man but defensively he’s getting stronger and covered for Stanger a few times. 

Chalmers does this really annoying thing when Ahui gets into the final third where he just stands on the touchline and doesn’t move. Ahui is dribbling and looking to release the ball to someone going in behind the full back but Chalmers never makes the run. Instead he likes to get the ball out wide and do his own thing. If that’s the kind of freedom that Bullen is giving him then we need a better manager for him. 

Particularly noticed this in the Dunfermline game. Ahui had an absolutely mortifying start to the game but any time he got on the ball and looked for a pass, Chalmers was actually penning him in by hugging the touchline and not moving or showing in behind. Was evident again today. 

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

Some of the guys we have on two year deals is scary. They aren't trusted to start for us and are just eating up wages. When the inevitable happens, the new manager is going to have to try and minimise the impact of getting them off the books in January and the Summer. A lot of surgery required.

26 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's genuinely scunnering how bad we are. Surely Mathie and Smith can see that? The fans and the club deserve better. The players deserve a manager who knows how to utilise their strengths and help them develop. 

This isn't it. Changes are needed urgently. 

Mathie made a point at the Q&A night that the club may have to take steps backwards, and yes, that means maybe relegation, to make the steps forward we need to. 

Which sounded like, I am guessing but I have managed to sell this toss to the owner. 
Smith is a fan first and foremost and it just depends how deep in to Mathies corporate talk he is.