The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

This also shows where the club is at now, clubs like Raith and Morton are getting 2-3K home fans at games and we are around the 1500 mark…Surely that sends a message…

Doubt there was more than 150 QP fans at Raith…So that’s 3350 home fans

Probably say there was 600 Partick fans at Morton and that’s 2.8K home fans right there. Morton aren’t even doing much better than us and the fans are 100times happier with the way the clubs run.

IMG_3365.jpeg

Our budget is almost certainly considerably bigger than Morton’s. Especially when you factor in our massive backroom team and all the accommodation we’ll be paying for.

Imrie is competent and makes the most of what he’s got, and that’s going to be far more tolerable than watching our bloated squad not have a clue what they’re doing. Even if it ends up in a similar position come the end of the season.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Was he not a Bullen singing, as in he pulled rank sorta in wanting him here. So that's two players we know of that Bullen has insisted on...

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

Aye he was one of our “experienced” signings and Bullen went to Mathie and Smith and asked how we could accommodate him as he was interested in an off the field role but not necessarily as a coach. 

It sounds like he’ll be getting a lot out of it in terms of work experience and a nice wage but not sure how Ayr are benefiting. 

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

You didn't clocked the parade of puffing mess, 'luxury players' your club has tried to build an attacking unit around this season - and that most of you were frothing over back in August?Not to mention the wider financial reality that the Akinyemi money is likely only making ends meet in your speculate to accumulate 'business model' in the first place. 

There are many valid reasons for Ayr fans to slate their club's stewardship right now, but 'not spunking enough money on the first team squad, 2023-24' is not one of them. 

IMG_4403.jpeg.6d365b66e0ae59412f4f96223469ac1c.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

This also shows where the club is at now, clubs like Raith and Morton are getting 2-3K home fans at games and we are around the 1500 mark…Surely that sends a message…

Doubt there was more than 150 QP fans at Raith…So that’s 3350 home fans

Probably say there was 600 Partick fans at Morton and that’s 2.8K home fans right there. Morton aren’t even doing much better than us and the fans are 100times happier with the way the clubs run. (Have just checked and there was 900 Partick fans there…so that’s about 2600 at home…Which is still way higher than ours)

IMG_3365.jpeg

A winning team playing good football and we would be the same .truth is we are fuckin dogshit and nobody can be fucked with it.

15 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

Just looked it up and apparently it’s 2,500 a week! 😂 

IMG_3366.jpeg

These sites are long debunked.  I know you are new here so dunno if you are aware. 

I'm sure they suggested Dipo was on less than NMW last season for example. 

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Was he not a Bullen signing, as in he pulled rank sorta in wanting him here. So that's two players we know of that Bullen has insisted on...

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

No player in this squad is here without Bullen's say so. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It depends on where his wage is coming from? Will it come out the playing budget or will Smith be paying for it separately given his off the field role? I don’t even think he’s justifying that enough to be here. Unless he’s able to convince a higher profile or calibre of player to sign for Ayr I don’t think he’s doing anything that one of our coaches couldn’t do. 

I’m not entirely sure anyone on our coaching staff have anything about them, certainly not as much as McGeady has to offer experience wise. 

Ultimately on the park, he hasn’t offered a great deal or what you would expect. Off the park we don’t really have any real idea… 

I imagine it’s pretty difficult to convince anyone to sign for us given the manager. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

No player in this squad is here without Bullen's say so. 

No doubt, but I expect they go through a process when signing someone wherein multiple people have input. Bangala and McGeady strike me as two whereby that process was bypassed somewhat.

If you look at Morton's backroom staff it is very similar to ours. I don't buy in to this myth that Ayr United have a massive budget because we have so many 'experts' on the staff; the likes of Morton and ICT are virtually the same as us.

Kelty game is now a must progress for Bullen, if we lose that game then he is gone. I have no idea who would want to come in and work with this bunch of players though, so I suspect it will be McGeady who gets the gig. 

Makes sense…although he’s got to be on a decent enough wage…Highest in the club maybe?

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

These sites are long debunked.  I know you are new here so dunno if you are aware. 

I'm sure they suggested Dipo was on less than NMW last season for example. 

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

And maybe we should have stiffed the tax paying population for (circa) £10 million (via a bank) to have a massively too big stadium along with a higher status than we currently do. We didn’t though. Only 2 Scottish clubs can lay claim to dipping their hands into the populations pocket. One of them died and the other one voted for the dead club to not be dead. Also, my local spar is cracking for a silly o’clock munchie run. Up ye.

To be fair I did actually suggest that on this very thread just a week or two ago.

Not sure what McGeady has done to warrant even being mentioned in a caretaker role. Absolute no coaching experience other than coaching "badges" that I'm aware of. Just because he played internationally and in the English Prem, doesn't mean hes suited for a Championship level gig right now

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not sure what McGeady has done to warrant even being mentioned in a caretaker role. Absolute no coaching experience other than coaching "badges" that I'm aware of. Just because he played internationally and in the English Prem, doesn't mean hes suited for a Championship level gig right now

Yeah, I would happily have him more formally on the coaching staff but shouldn’t be anywhere near the managers job. 

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Running just as fast as we can

Holding on to one another's hand

Trying to get away into the night

And then you put your arms around me

And we tumble to the ground and then you say:

Reveal hidden contents

WE HATE BULLEN, EVERYBODY HATES LEE BULLEN. 

That’s vile, liked and shared 

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He's done f**k all but he if we wanted someone to work within the confines of Mathie's Make Believe Management System then he's going to get the job. 

20 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

To be fair I did actually suggest that on this very thread just a week or two ago.

To be fair you half did. Setting aside your swaggering admittance to your club stealing money from the public purse to finance your lofty status and overly large stadium to enable old firm fans to watch their heroes (to be honest I’ve fair enjoyed so many of them watching you beat them), your previous post omitted the fact that your clubs stewards voted to un-die a dead club that had died a death through dying. How much is the Ayrshire Cup worth these days when submitting it as an asset on your accounts? My club may not have the lofty position, the Lego stadium or be in ‘possession’ of the Ayrshire cup but I’m happy and confident in the historical moral compass of my club. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

What league are you watching/drugs are you on?

Accurate summary.

You’re six points ahead of us. No one is doing that much better than anyone besides the two teams at the top and then Thistle are clearly better than the rest. 

Morton should know better than anyone how quickly results can turn. I mean it absolutely won’t happen for us without a change but there’s always a slim chance. 

4 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

To be fair you half did. Setting aside your swaggering admittance to your club stealing money from the public purse to finance your lofty status and overly large stadium to enable old firm fans to watch their heroes (to be honest I’ve fair enjoyed so many of them watching you beat them), your previous post omitted the fact that your clubs stewards voted to un-die a dead club that had died a death through dying. How much is the Ayrshire Cup worth these days when submitting it as an asset on your accounts? My club may not have the lofty position, the Lego stadium or be in ‘possession’ of the Ayrshire cup but I’m happy and confident in the historical moral compass of my club. 

We paid our bills