The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Give me the announcement photo of him still in his Clyde tracksuit, pouting like the little scamp he is. 

I'm here for that content.

Spoiler

854982995_2950726.main_image2.thumb.jpg.f7bef4069159402534b81b831619e120.jpg

It had to happen. 

Don't like to see anyone lose their job but it didn't even look remotely like being turned around and was for the best for all parties concerned.  A likeable guy who just didn't seem to have a plan to get out this mess. 

Sad moment.  Seemed a decent guy who doubtless wanted to do well.  But in truth, save for one lucky guess with Dipo, there has been little genuine progress over the last 2 years.  Recruitment, tactics, game managment, player development.  Hard to make the case for him staying.

As I said the other day Bullen embraced the club and the town. He just wasn't good enough on Saturday afternoons and there were no signs of it turning around. I wish him well in the future.

Edited by Trogdor

Oh my. Seems it's happening. Absolutely correct decision and my short lived exile may well be over.

Bullen seems like a decent enough guy. Just completely out of his depth and totally clueless on how to change a football game.

Wonder if they'll have any candidates in mind.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

As I said the other day Bullen embraced the club and the town. He just wasn't good enough on Saturday afternoons and there were no signs of it turning around. I wish him well in the future.

I genuinely believe if he had a sandy Stewart type beside him we wouldn’t be in this position now but he’d 52 and now unemployed 

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Nae need.

Maybe I’m a big saftie but I feel bad for him it didn’t work out.

It's fine for you to feel bad for him, I don't.  I thought the guy was an a weapon with bizarrely misplaced arrogance*.  

The football was almost exclusively awful as well.  

Spoiler

*Mind it was only a few months ago Callum tried out asking him tough questions and he was throwing hissy fits so they had to stop. 

Disappointed for Bullen as a guy, he's worked his arse off and been a great ambassador for the club. However, results speak for themselves and a change was required. I'm hoping a few of the deadwood in the backroom staff clear off as well; the GK coach being the first. 

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

If we go on from here to appoint one of the merry go round names like Yogi Hughes I may explode.

White and McGeady until the summer. Book it. 

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Disappointed for Bullen as a guy, he's worked his arse off and been a great ambassador for the club. However, results speak for themselves and a change was required. I'm hoping a few of the deadwood in the backroom staff clear off as well; the GK coach being the first. 

I’m not entirely sure it’s fair to label a goalkeeper coach deadwood, who is fairly new in. We have absolutely no idea how good he is at his job, and he can hardly be blamed for Albinson chucking a couple in.