The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Our chairman appears to me to be a wee bit thin skinned. Remember, the Todorov stuff when he sacked us off and Mr Smith had a big petted lip. 

Shit happens in football. Shankland fucked off us at the last minute to go on loan to Morton, imagine if McCall had a grudge against him after that…

He did , Sandy had to talk him into signing the great LS .

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Stop it you! I'm still in stitches from your last effort. 👏

Just in a good mood for some strange reason today. Can’t put my finger on why.

3 minutes ago, railwayend said:

He did , Sandy had to talk him into signing the great LS .

You are at it now! 👀

Sandy Stewart joined the club in 2018.

Sir Lawrence joined in September 2017.

<<<< Insert pinocchio picture here! >>>>

Edited by Trogdor

32 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

In fairness, you could *probably* construe this tweet as being ever so slightly abusive 😂Screenshot_20240115_162827_X.thumb.jpg.d7d5041f30af1af04cf5cd7ee87d3248.jpg

Had the club in mind 😊👍

Again, nothing personal against him. Or the injuries he's suffered from the photographic equipment firing him against the wall.

1 minute ago, Roxanne&#x27;s man said:

Had the club in mind 😊👍

Again, nothing personal against him. Or the injuries he's suffered from the photographic equipment firing him against the wall.

And being catapulted into the sea sounds like an experience voucher my wife would get the kids for Christmas. You were only thinking of his wellbeing.

12 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Absolutely abhorrent thing to post.

At the end of the day he is a person.

We don't give that sort of abuse to people in any other profession...

And that's coming from someone who works in the emergency services 

I literally have no idea what you are referring to here. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm even more convinced Bullen, Smith, Mathie, Provan etc must scour this forum. The only real negative posts I seen were on here, and even at that they were tame compared to the "good ol' days" of manager GTF chants 

My first experience of the 'GTF' chants were when I was 11, watching the SRE shouting for Dalziels sacking. I didn't really understand it myself at the time 🫤 As a child, you don't really take into consideration the amount of money that was being spent by the club at the time.

That latest puff piece in the Ayrshire Post really helps to explain why things have gone so badly wrong over the last year.  Yes, Bullen was hugely likeable, but it’s clearly led to a culture of denialism about any sort of bigger picture or assessment of actual progress being made on the field.  No doubt this partly explains why we retained dross like McAllister and McKenzie while doing next to nothing in the Summer to address very obvious deficiencies in the team.  We thought PR stunts and boosterism could trump the reality of poor recruitment, tactics and game management.

The reality is he leaves us exactly where he found us.  In turmoil and heading towards relegation.  To say he gave us back our identity is bizarre hyperbole.  Some of the most embarrassing (and televised live) games in recent history happened under his watch.  

Good luck to him, but he isn’t the messiah and never really was.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

But it wasn’t though. It’s not as a result of 1 win in 11 that folk weren’t happy about, it was the 5 home wins in a year, it was the dreadful football, it was being clueless for months and not being able to fix it. It was about being completely transparent to opposition teams, it was an 8 nil booting in the biggest games in the clubs recent history. 

If you are asking folk to ignore all that you are wanting the club to sleepwalk in to a worse position than we are already in. 

9th place, barely having a shot on target never mind scoring goals and a defence that gives the opposition a 2 goal start didn’t fall from the sky this week. 

Your and others are taking the coals . It’s over , it’s done . We either move on together as a club and stop (help) the rot and drive it forward together as a support , like we used to do . Or we allow this to devise us for ever , potentially driving some away …

Other fans can sing songs,let off pyrotechnics,ECT but we are the bad ones in paper and the statement from the club all for what wanting to see a winning team on the park.

1 win in a 11 games (what did that think we would do clap them off the park)

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That latest puff piece in the Ayrshire Post really helps to explain why things have gone so badly wrong over the last year.  Yes, Bullen was hugely likeable, but it’s clearly led to a culture of denialism about any sort of bigger picture or assessment of actual progress being made on the field.  No doubt this partly explains why we retained dross like McAllister and McKenzie while doing next to nothing in the Summer to address very obvious deficiencies in the team.  We thought PR stunts and boosterism could trump the reality of poor recruitment, tactics and game management.

The reality is he leaves us exactly where he found us.  In turmoil and heading towards relegation.  To say he gave us back our identity is bizarre hyperbole.  Some of the most embarrassing (and televised live) games in recent history happened under his watch.  

Good luck to him, but he isn’t the messiah and never really was.

Yeah, that article is absurd. 

“Big boots to fill.” If you are talking about community wise, fair enough, as I doubt we’ll ever have another manager as committed to that side of things. It is hilarious to suggest that is on the field though. 

1 minute ago, railwayend said:

Your and others are taking the coals . It’s over , it’s done . We either move on together as a club and stop (help) the rot and drive it forward together as a support , like we used to do . Or we allow this to devise us for ever , potentially driving some away …

200.gif?cid=ff874017dd59fg0pmfw10zt210vc