The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

Jack Young has returned to Wycombe Wanderers following the expiry of the his loan. We would like to thank Jack for all his efforts this season and wish him every success in the future.

There's a bit of a lesson there for us in terms of player development. He'd had about 8 bit part appearances in his career and then gets a bit of a run with us. You can see how much he's come on in a fairly short time. 

We seem reluctant to give our Academy players the same opportunity in the team, or to fix them up with a decent loan that might challenge them.

Can't see it being Bartley. He has quite clearly not lived up to the ability he was expected to have as a manager. Not yet anyway. There are far better options available.

I heard another name being a possibility. May have been total shite like the Bartley thing, but I would be quite happy if it happened.

5 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

There's a bit of a lesson there for us in terms of player development. He'd had about 8 bit part appearances in his career and then gets a bit of a run with us. You can see how much he's come on in a fairly short time. 

We seem reluctant to give our Academy players the same opportunity in the team, or to fix them up with a decent loan that might challenge them.

Who do you think from our academy is good enough for a good run in first team? 

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

Can't see it being Bartley. He has quite clearly not lived up to the ability he was expected to have as a manager. Not yet anyway. There are far better options available.

I heard another name being a possibility. May have been total shite like the Bartley thing, but I would be quite happy if it happened.

Bowyer? 

4 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Tell Go On GIF

29 minutes ago, Iain said:

What's this about requesting permission to speak to Bartley? Would sadly be on brand.

Would absolutely be on brand for Ayr United to dodge a bullet and then race to catch up and get in front of the bullet. Possibly a tad unfair on Bartley who is obviously cutting his teeth as a manager but I’m not sure why we would consider him. Just now.

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:

He's also 52 so won't need to hire an assistant 

His previous assistant at Dundee is now 54. That is 106 years of experience! 

I did the Hampden tour and museum on Sunday (well worth a visit for those that haven’t) and in the away dressing room Dunfermline had left their tactics/notes on the whiteboard. Did anyone else know that we are allowed to have tactics? Maybe something for the new manager to think about.IMG_5447.thumb.jpeg.1f2d38777a05e12da669cd2265d85adb.jpeg