The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Who do you think from our academy is good enough for a good run in first team? 

would like to see Holding get a chance next season everytime i've seen him in the reserves he seems to be solid despite not being the tallest for a centreback and starting consistently for Glenafton

3 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

IMG_3797.jpeg

Taking the emotion away from a McCall return and Bowyer is the most sensible candidate we could go for. 

I’d be delighted with him. 

Bowyer seems sensible on the face of it. Don't think he'd be such a yes man. 

Looked like last year he just took a bit to get used to the division then things were (mostly) ok from there on with the odd shambles in-between.  

I'd be up for it, he'd probably tick the box of contract to the summer too which I think is appropriate for the current appointment. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Taking the emotion away from a McCall return and Bowyer is the most sensible candidate we could go for. 

I’d be delighted with him. 

That’s all we need. That would be a great signing for any team in this league. 

17 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

would like to see Holding get a chance next season everytime i've seen him in the reserves he seems to be solid despite not being the tallest for a centreback and starting consistently for Glenafton

Good shout. I haven't seen him but he gets a good press. 

Bowyer would be great, however I just can't see him rocking up to 9th place Ayr United when he seemingly left Dundee in the summer because he didn't feel he would be backed in the summer to compete in the Premiership.

guys out on loan have done well at least getting solid game time for Viviani and Jenkins at Gretna as well as Holding, Fairns has mainly been back up at Dalry and well Ollie just joined East Stirlingshire

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

guys out on loan have done well at least getting solid game time for Viviani and Jenkins at Gretna as well as Holding, Fairns has mainly been back up at Dalry and well Ollie just joined East Stirlingshire

Appreciate he is only 1 game in, but they are already raving about him. Hopefully gets a decent run and a crack at League 1/2 next season. 

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Bowyer would be great, however I just can't see him rocking up to 9th place Ayr United when he seemingly left Dundee in the summer because he didn't feel he would be backed in the summer to compete in the Premiership.

Is that why he left? I thought the wanted to go in another direction and sacked him? 

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

McCall to Ayr

Bullen to Clyde

simples!

Get yourself, and I mean this in the kindest possible way, so far to f**k. Although, I have tremendously enjoyed reading the gilet patter whilst perusing this thread.

21 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is that why he left? I thought the wanted to go in another direction and sacked him? 

20 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Aye he was sacked in the summer 

17 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So he wasn’t feeling he wasn’t going to be backed in the summer and left of his own accord as Callum was saying 

I'm more than certain him and the board weren't aligned with how they were going to be doing business in the summer and that's how it came about him leaving Dundee.

The inside story of Gary Bowyer's Dundee exit as tensions laid bare before the hand-delivered note which sealed his fate | The Scottish Sun

Edited by callum-ayr

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I did the Hampden tour and museum on Sunday (well worth a visit for those that haven’t) and in the away dressing room Dunfermline had left their tactics/notes on the whiteboard. Did anyone else know that we are allowed to have tactics? Maybe something for the new manager to think about.IMG_5447.thumb.jpeg.1f2d38777a05e12da669cd2265d85adb.jpeg

Worked a treat...