The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Ten pints deep and I’m in Ayr telling some c**t about how good Ian McCall was whilst the Clyde game was on the tele. 

Get him back. 

What pub? How's the food?

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did McGeady not say he was calling around clubs in the summer trying to get loans in? if thats the case it's not just Mathie and Glendinng dealing with transfers, would be utter madness not to have the head coach/manager have at least some say in recruitment.

He said on open goal he spent the afternoon phoning round contacts trying to get midfielders in the deadline due to the injuries and one contact at Reading, Noel Hunt maybe, came up with Jay Senga. 
I think it was more helping out in a crisis rather than part of his role. 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Also Smith, Mathie, Glendinning, Davie White, Voice of Reason, and the one random guy on Facebook who predicted Bullen's departure.

The oracle 🥰

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ten pints deep and I’m in Ayr telling some c**t about how good Ian McCall was whilst the Clyde game was on the tele. 

Get him back. 

I'm jealous.

As I sit here writing a 1,500 word summary as to how I fit the essential criteria for a job! 

Spoiler

It's for the Ayr United job!

Just now, Trogdor said:

I'm jealous.

As I sit here writing a 1,500 word summary as to how I fit the essential criteria for a job! 

Hide contents

I (well chat GPT) was doing similar this afternoon.  

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm jealous.

Hide contents

I'll do that if you do my 4000 word research assignment. 

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll do that if you do my 4000 word research assignment. 

I might take you up on that tbf. Mine is time sensitive - hence doing it on a Friday night! 🙈

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

It's almost as if, as usual, people who left school at 16 and 40 years later are becoming the Unabomber through Facebook posts are somewhat misinformed as to the current state of Ayr United Football Club!

😂 WTF

19 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Some storm coming Tuesday so looks like Arbroath game will be off.

No idea why they tried to reschedule it for the middle of January anyway 

Looks more like Sunday into Monday backing off Tuesday. Only forecast for  50-60mph gusts just now at its peak so would be surprised if Tuesday is off.

12 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

Dunno how true this is, but it makes more sense than Mathie turning him down just because he wanted to control the signings.

Lots of “apparently” used here though…IMG_3490.jpeg.18c83f52dc8fda0a31750f2ea6daa4da.jpeg 

The last part gives it away as nonsense IMO, given the entire coaching staff have other jobs. 

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The last part gives it away as nonsense IMO, given the entire coaching staff have other jobs. 

Glendinning is freelance I think, the goalkeeping coach is full time, Whyte is employed by the academy, as is Tam Tait who is part time anyway. 

Current team 42 has the following staff plus Mark Kerr as first team coach. 

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/team/staff/

Edited by diegomarahenry

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Of all the annoying chat on here in recent days. The spelling of Bowyer as Boyer has got to be the worst 😂

It's the new re-sign/resign. 

Edited by UpInTheAyr

I believe Graeme Mathie’s iron fist will be to Ayr’s detriment once again. Apparently his firm stance on a complete no of potential managers bringing in their own back room team has seen potential managers take our offer with a pinch of salt. We can see how this was linked to Bullen’s downfall with not having coaches of his choosing. Is this a case for ‘jobs for the boys’. Some of the backroom team have been involved with the club for a long time and been part of shambolic ayr united teams. I feel this is holding us back and showing the amateur feel that still lingers at Somerset. Surely if we are to progress on the park then the proper back room structure needs to be in place and not holding on to people just because they are local and been there a long time.