The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We needed to sign a full back before Paddy got injured, if he is out for a few weeks we absolutely need to sign one now. You can’t be running with four centre halves and one right back to cover four positions. Particularly when only four are currently fit, one is injury prone, another has missed games semi regularly this season and another is off form.

Somehow they have managed to worsen the strength in the full back positions. They have basically let Ecrepont go and then crossed their fingers that Reading would remain fit, and it has backfired. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We needed to sign a full back before Paddy got injured, if he is out for a few weeks we absolutely need to sign one now. You can’t be running with four centre halves and one right back to cover four positions. Particularly when only four are currently fit, one is injury prone, another has missed games semi regularly this season and another is off form.

Somehow they have managed to worsen the strength in the full back positions. They have basically let Ecrepont go and then crossed their fingers that Reading would remain fit, and it has backfired. 

I'm hoping it's a case of them working on permanent transfers. With our recruitment team I wouldn't bet on it though. Looking fine in the League Cup seems to be the bar for acceptable performance.

Edited by Trogdor

14 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Should never have been let go without a replacement, maybe I'm wrong but I think he could have kicked on under Brown and Whittaker in particular.

I was so very invested in Ecrepont and I’m still gutted it didn’t work out for him. Time will tell but I really think there was a player in there. A boy from Ayr, dad a die hard fan, who was stinted by a run of some of the shitiest managers to manage Ayr. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

We needed to sign a full back before Paddy got injured, if he is out for a few weeks we absolutely need to sign one now.

You can't get an emergency full back. This leaves you looking at players without a club or those currently in off-season. Putting it mildly, managers who have tried that in the past have seldom found league-winners.

36 minutes ago, Thumper said:

You can't get an emergency full back. This leaves you looking at players without a club or those currently in off-season. Putting it mildly, managers who have tried that in the past have seldom found league-winners.

We can sign loans from Scotland up until the end of the day tomorrow. That’s how we got Clarke in. 

38 minutes ago, Thumper said:

We can loan one, at least three clubs in our league have signed full backs within Scotland. 

ETA, I’ll be amazed if we get someone in by tomorrow. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Not sure what's happening with the sections at each end?

Cause it's obviously still just the steel frames there with no other work, unless the middle section needs to be done before work can commence on the ends. 

The plans showed each end was a food kiosk at the front with toilets around the side so maybe doesn't involve as much work as the rest who knows...

7 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Not sure what's happening with the sections at each end?

Cause it's obviously still just the steel frames there with no other work, unless the middle section needs to be done before work can commence on the ends. 

The plans showed each end was a food kiosk at the front with toilets around the side so maybe doesn't involve as much work as the rest who knows...

They have been shelved because there was additional costs incurred during construction. I think they hit problems when putting the foundations in and it required piling. it'll now be a phase one and phase two. its a sensory room, business lounge and additional toilets that will be part of phase two.

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They have been shelved because there was additional costs incurred during construction. I think they hit problems when putting the foundations in and it required piling. it'll now be a phase one and phase two. its a sensory room, business lounge and additional toilets that will be part of phase two.

When's that happening then?

Going to look a bit daft with the two unfinished bits at either end

Last night was probably our first exciting home win of the season, with the SRE bouncing. 

And yet, we haven’t shared any of the goals or celebrations on social media today. 

It’s basic stuff like this that keeps the buzz of last night going and attracts people along - we are just so terrible at it! I know this season has been woeful and they haven’t had anything to market so they might not be used to it, but still…

23 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

When's that happening then?

Going to look a bit daft with the two unfinished bits at either end

You won’t notice any spaces at the end , believe from the outside it will look complete , start on there after main hospitality area 

Left field shout, but does anyone think the new build will affect the wind flow through Somerset. That’s a few games recently where the wind hasn’t seemed that bad but it’s had quite an effect (had to google difference between affect and effect, may still have got it wrong) on games?

2 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Left field shout, but does anyone think the new build will affect the wind flow through Somerset. That’s a few games recently where the wind hasn’t seemed that bad but it’s had quite an effect (had to google difference between affect and effect, may still have got it wrong) on games?

Its a structure so it wont have zero effect but it'll be negligable.