The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, GaryMc93 said:

You'll need to provide the club with the breakdown of those 12 goals scored by end if you want things to improve.

Think all 12 have been balls launched into our box.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Can't wait to see what PATG is next season. Could we see £25?

Didn’t it go up last season? Surely not again… 

£25 is wild! You generally get Scotland games for cheaper than that in some areas. 

38 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I'm not renewing this season, well not at the moment.  Missed a few games for other reasons and missed a few because I just couldn't be arsed going along.  Value for money entertainment wise has just not been there and until I see some form of rectifying that in the summer (serious additions to the squad) I will just do PATG.  Been to 12 of our 16 home league games, 2 wins, 2 draws 8 defeats, scored 12 goals and conceded 20 :lol:

Aye, I can understand why. I've had a season ticket for years, I even had one when I was working abroad and made one game a month and the club was on its arse. 

I've missed maybe 3 home games this season, two I managed to see via stream because I was away and one I watched on Tv in the house because I couldn't face going and watching from the Somerset road end. 

The view from the SRE and the fact the club feels a million miles away from the support just now added with, its been a hard watch post covid means I am considering not buying one. The only reason I have just now is, if I didn't get one, I would go to less games if we continue being rotten to watch. £280 in the summer is forgotten when you are heading to watch an inevitable defeat in the pissing rain as opposed to logging in to an app to fork out £22-24-25 on the day. 

I'll end up renewing but this is the first season I have ever thought - Maybe not. 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Aye, I can understand why. I've had a season ticket for years, I even had one when I was working abroad and made one game a month and the club was on its arse. 

I've missed maybe 3 home games this season, two I managed to see via stream because I was away and one I watched on Tv in the house because I couldn't face going and watching from the Somerset road end. 

The view from the SRE and the fact the club feels a million miles away from the support just now added with, its been a hard watch post covid means I am considering not buying one. The only reason I have just now is, if I didn't get one, I would go to less games if we continue being rotten to watch. £280 in the summer is forgotten when you are heading to watch an inevitable defeat in the pissing rain as opposed to logging in to an app to fork out £22-24-25 on the day. 

I'll end up renewing but this is the first season I have ever thought - Maybe not. 

Only made about half a dozen games due to work this season but I’ll be rocking up on the 15th and buying  a season again . I quite like having a professional football club in my town ! 

11 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Only made about half a dozen games due to work this season but I’ll be rocking up on the 15th and buying  a season again . I quite like having a professional football club in my town ! 

Aren't you just the #1 best Ayr fan

If we make a couple of decent signings I’ll get a season, if we don’t I won’t. Im just not willing to accept the nonsense we have had to witness at home recently - you can’t justify £300 odds for what we have been given. 

I’m not asking for huge things, just some signs that the recruitment department have learnt their lesson and we improve the areas of the side that are badly needed. 

Looking at the way Brown set up at Fleetwood I would be surprised not to see us line up with 3 at the back and 2 wingbacks next season I don't think he had the time to change the full playing style to that this season Paddy potentially could get away as a LWB but Nick he's not got the speed to get up and down the pitch, if we are playing that we need two good full backs on both sides.

20 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Looking at the way Brown set up at Fleetwood I would be surprised not to see us line up with 3 at the back and 2 wingbacks next season I don't think he had the time to change the full playing style to that this season Paddy potentially could get away as a LWB but Nick he's not got the speed to get up and down the pitch, if we are playing that we need two good full backs on both sides.

Liam Smith out the picture at Cheltenham, loaned out to Grimsby would a great signing , but he’ll have a few offers I’d guess .

58 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

You need exceptional wing backs to play this well, not something that we often see in our division. I think Thistle are one of the few teams who could pull it off with McMillan and Milne both great players. 

It just seems to me like we’re going to repeat the exact mistakes we have the past couple of close seasons. Re-signing players that aren’t good enough or deserving off another contract. I was quite excited with the appointment off Brown as didn’t think he would take any nonsense from Mathie and co however seems he is another yes man. If we’re serious about being anything other than a team circling the drain of the championship then we simply need to get our refruitment spot on in the summer. That doesn’t include re-signing players  like McAllister and Reading.

Strapp and Crawford are out of contract at Morton. There will be other players we could be using from the Championship released as well. We wont though. 

I don't think there will be any forwards available from the Championship or the arse end of the Premier that would be worth a gamble. I expect we will be signing Clark to replace Albinson. 

On season tickets i think the perks are really poor, there should be like a 10% discount in the shop/bar for season ticket holders, Q&A's with Brown/Players, discount/free access to streams

Apart from there being the benefit of saving some money over the whole season, there's not really any other reason i'd say for wanting one, especially if you use terracing, bit different if you're in stand and want a certain seat etc

2 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

The fact he's very comfortable with playing a back 4 currently of 4 CB's yes i would think that too. 

Tomlinson would probably work best at RWB but a season away from being ready IMO, George Stanger played well at RB last night and his run up the park last night to put Dowds through 1v1 shows that he has more than enough capabilities to do that role in the attacking sense

8 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

Nick he's not got the speed to get up and down the pitch, if we are playing that we need two good full backs on both sides.

A few runs up and down the beach during the summer will sort him out.

b25lY21zOjQ2ZmZlY2I5LWM4MTMtNDNlYS1iNTcwLTBiOTgyYjgyYjNlNjozMjRiMDAyZS0xOTQ4LTQ2MjktOTk4YS0xMWI1NjdlMWJmYWE(1).thumb.jpg.2cb4fe8aea07fbaed618eb19001103d3.jpg

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It just seems to me like we’re going to repeat the exact mistakes we have the past couple of close seasons. Re-signing players that aren’t good enough or deserving off another contract. I was quite excited with the appointment off Brown as didn’t think he would take any nonsense from Mathie and co however seems he is another yes man. If we’re serious about being anything other than a team circling the drain of the championship then we simply need to get our refruitment spot on in the summer. That doesn’t include re-signing players  like McAllister and Reading.

I don’t think that’s remotely fair on Brown tbh. 

Is Brown's thinking not that he's a Yes man but that he thinks he can get more out of these players than his predecessors, once he's able to implement his own system and style etc. Which is fair enough but every chance it could backfire on him.

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I do agree that I don’t see the statistical benefit behind it beyond it just being a coincidence. I don’t however buy into the anger at the decision simply because “that’s how it’s been for years”. 

I think it's fair to say that fans wanting the home team to shoot into the home end in the second half has a bit more behind it than "that's how we've always done it". Especially given that the SRE's shallow terraces mean that actually being able to see the away goal line is mostly wishful thinking. This is maybe less of a consideration if you either a) watch most games these days from the prawn sandwich area or b) have no real concept of grounds that aren't massive all-seaters, which might be what led to the current situation.