The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Now after hearing that interview that's me thinking Musonda could be here next season too. 

I know it's just manager talk but... 

I mean he isn’t wrong in terms of what Musonda can offer - a centre half partnership of him and Stanger has the potential to be excellent. The issue obviously being how often you would see them playing together. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean he isn’t wrong in terms of what Musonda can offer - a centre half partnership of him and Stanger has the potential to be excellent. The issue obviously being how often you would see them playing together. 

Probably an argument now that he’s a better left back for us than centre back. The one issue with the team today was the lack of left footers which made us slightly unbalanced. 

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Like McCallister, I'm not against signing Musonda for next season. But I know his limitations so signing him means you need 4 centre halfs next season. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Listen boys, I'm no everyone's cup of tea on here and that's ok but I found out my granda died just before kick off.  It was him that got me into Ayr, the first game he took me to was a 5-0 win so the boys did something really special for me today.  

Sorry to hear that Derek. It's easy to see why football means so much to folk when it's across generations like this. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Listen boys, I'm no everyone's cup of tea on here and that's ok but I found out my granda died just before kick off.  It was him that got me into Ayr, the first game he took me to was a 5-0 win so the boys did something really special for me today.  

Sorry to hear that. It’s stuff like that that the fitba never fails with. Have admiration for anyone passing on the Ayr gene to their children and grandchildren. When my Ayr-supporting, Talbot-despising grandad passed away the week before the Talbot defeat, I took solace in the fact he never had to watch that. I’m sure if any of the playing staff read this thread (and I’m sure they will) they’ll smile at the fact they were part of that special result for you today.

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm really sorry to hear that mate. Football is more than game for so many of us, especially when it stems from those important relationships and memories.

I'm glad the team won in the manner they did for you today, they did your granda proud. Sorry for your loss. 

48 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Really sorry to hear that mate. You're Grampa done the best thing he could do for a lad. The best memories aren't about winning trophies or glory hunting, it's about doing something you love with people you love.

Anyone who doesn't think Chalmers is good enough for Ayr is absolutely bonkers. 

He'll not beat his man every time, he'll not track back much and he's as one footed as it gets. 

When he gets the ball though he gets you off your seat and you expect something to happen. He"s a terrific championship player and will be the difference next season in a team with better balance and identity than the shit show we've had this season.

If he goes to Airdrie/Raith/Partick we'll wish we'd kept him. 

Thank you for all the messages guys it means a lot.  I'm gonna take some small solace in the twinned 5-0 wins. 

Nae sympathy when you want to call me a c**t in the coming weeks or we're no doing it right, ok? 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Thank you for all the messages guys it means a lot.  I'm gonna take some small solace in the twinned 5-0 wins. 

Nae sympathy when you want to call me a c**t in the coming weeks or we're no doing it right, ok? 

Can I call you c**t now. Too soon?

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Sometimes the football gods just get it right. 🥃

Loath to bring this up, but the wee p***ks in the SRE who think it's a laugh to fling  pies and the like about the place can get tae f**k. Last three games I've had stuff whizzing by or hitting me and folk around me.

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Surely Josh Clarke is not going to be especially keen to leave Celtic to sign for a Championship side who more often than not are fighting relegation .

Based on his reaction at the end of the game I honestly think he would be delighted to stay. He turned to the Somerset Road End and he was celebrating as wildly as the most rabid of fans.

22 minutes ago, Peil said:

Loath to bring this up, but the wee p***ks in the SRE who think it's a laugh to fling  pies and the like about the place can get tae f**k. Last three games I've had stuff whizzing by or hitting me and folk around me.

^Does not appreciate the traditional SRE pie fight.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Probably an argument now that he’s a better left back for us than centre back.

This is not a sensible argument. If all the goalkeepers were injured and Musonda was the only one willing to put on the gloves then you'd probably want to play him rather than just not having a goalie. it doesn't mean that he should be played there preferentially.

17 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Based on his reaction at the end of the game I honestly think he would be delighted to stay. He turned to the Somerset Road End and he was celebrating as wildly as the most rabid of fans.

Body language certainly means something but it was also repeatedly used as an explanation for why Josh Mullin would sign back on for this season. Or for why Adeloye would stay. etc etc.

35 minutes ago, Peil said:

I know the general consensus is that dogs and baton charges are a bad vibe for the home end but there needs to be at least some culture of fear to keep feral teenagers in line.

Edited by Thumper

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I suppose the one thing going for Sanders is that he is relatively young for a centre half - he has only just turned 25 and has not played a lot of football so there should be lots of development in him. 

There is definitely something there - he can look good on the ball and be dominant. We have just seen too much of the other side of him. 

If he were 21/22 i would agree with you and more inclined to take a punt. Would be interested to see how he fared in the league below and whether it's the level causing the moments of madness. We really need to sign a steady defender or two, doesn't even need to be the most capable but just someone who is steady away. Literally every defender we have is erratic and it looks like many of them will be kept on  

7 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Anyone who doesn't think Chalmers is good enough for Ayr is absolutely bonkers. 

He'll not beat his man every time, he'll not track back much and he's as one footed as it gets. 

When he gets the ball though he gets you off your seat and you expect something to happen. He"s a terrific championship player and will be the difference next season in a team with better balance and identity than the shit show we've had this season.

If he goes to Airdrie/Raith/Partick we'll wish we'd kept him. 

It's not quite as simple as that. Why has a player with attacking technical ability beyond this league not found a home and be among the first names on the team sheet? 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

It's not quite as simple as that. Why has a player with attacking technical ability beyond this league not found a home and be among the first names on the team sheet? 

"Logan Chalmers is bad at football because he plays for Ayr United" is a new and novel entry to the Chalmers hater pantheon.