The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Someone on the sre saying Rose had to play a certain amount of games to trigger a 2nd year, apparently Rose told him that. So that'll be another one away if true

https://www.ayradvertiser.com/news/23677571.ayr-united-sign-forward-ahkeem-rose-two-year-deal/

Rose was signed on a two year deal according to this.

It was Amartey who signed a one year deal with an option of a second year.

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Someone on the sre saying Rose had to play a certain amount of games to trigger a 2nd year, apparently Rose told him that. So that'll be another one away if true

Pure pish they are talking, he was on a 2 year deal.  Undoubtedly meant Amartey who was only signed on a one year deal with an option.  

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pure pish they are talking, he was on a 2 year deal.  Undoubtedly meant Amartey who was only signed on a one year deal with an option.  

How is it possible to confuse these two completely dissimilar players though?

Putting my flak jacket/gilet on for this one.  Rose has been scoring goals, in league 1 granted, but I think he’s worth another go. Goal scorers are so hard to come by and given our track record for signings I'm glass half empty about doing better. Before he went to Hamilton I thought his first game of football was for Ayr but his loan move is proof there is a player there. Worst case scenario we send him back out on loan.

10 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Putting my flak jacket/gilet on for this one.  Rose has been scoring goals, in league 1 granted, but I think he’s worth another go. Goal scorers are so hard to come by and given our track record for signings I'm glass half empty about doing better. Before he went to Hamilton I thought his first game of football was for Ayr but his loan move is proof there is a player there. Worst case scenario we send him back out on loan.

If we give Rose another go and given we are already stuck with Bryden and McKenzie that basically leaves us with no space to actually upgrade in that area. None of them are good enough to be regular starters at this level. 

20 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Must be the only one

Got this awful feeling there’s a few more twists and turns left in this season and not in our favour.

8 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Surely if dowds Chalmers doesn't sign or does we are not g

We just have to get Dowds signed it’s as simple as that ! We could do with getting a bit of target man back up as well . Then we move into second striker territory, is Willoughby that player . Not sure . 

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I’m playing devils advocate but Rose scored 5 goals in 3 games (one was a hat trick) but he hasn’t scored in 4 games. Is it possible that this was a purple patch for him and he’s returned to form? I think it will be depending on whether Accies come up whether we do business with them, I can’t see us letting him go if they get promoted. 

From memory Rose did ok against Arbroath and Queens Park during their early season slump. Perhaps you could have made an arguement around adjusting to the game up here but i also think the league below might just be his level 

There is that but I don’t see either of them as goal scoring strikers, at this point. Bryden needs a loan move imo and McKenzie is, at best, a support to a striker.

Yeah, but if you keep Rose and he continues where he left off with us you then have three strikers who can’t score…

OK, if we don't upgrade the defence or the attack then fear not because that means a world class midfield is incoming. 

I am very curious to find out what exactly Brown's plans are in terms of incoming for next season. As it stands it doesn't seem like it's going to be an overhaul. Fully expecting a 2 or 3 quality additions line at some point. 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

OK, if we don't upgrade the defence or the attack then fear not because that means a world class midfield is incoming. 

I am very curious to find out what exactly Brown's plans are in terms of incoming for next season. As it stands it doesn't seem like it's going to be an overhaul. Fully expecting a 2 or 3 quality additions line at some point. 

There is also a recurring theme in this league of teams having an injury crisis and dropping points. In addition to adding quality having better cover and balance may also help to kick us on. Hoping we may build the squad a bit and still places available for a good few signings 

It's does not need to be a complete rebuild as long as the players that come in are of a better standard that the ones leaving I'd rather have 4 or 5 quality additions to compliment the players we have than 10 of the same quality that's already here.

Rose was poor for us, he did very little when he was given the opportunity. He’s been scoring against part time teams in league one and maybe that’s his level. If Hamilton make a cash offer, as little as it may be, I’d take it.
If there is no offer, he’ll be back in and Brown can assess him properly rather than looking at a spreadsheet about him and maybe he’ll be given another chance or moved on in one way or another. 
If we are keeping the majority of a poor defence and the midfield 3. The budget needs to be spent on quality, I’d rather keep Musonda and sign a centre half on spec from England than sign Sanders. I’d rather we had Clark than Mutch, with another keeper. 

I am hoping that there is a big launch for the general sale of season tickets on Monday, maybe next seasons kit and a couple of players signed on to push the narrative of investing in the club. Hopefully after achieving safety.

i don't think Rose was as bad as some people say at least from a goal contributions side of things 5 Goals and 3 Assists which is equal to what Bryden has done so far this season thou obviously two different strikers with varies of expereince/expectancy, i don't think Rose would be bad as a 3rd choice behind Dowds and hopefully another top quality striker but be surprised if he was still with us come start of the league season