The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Maybe just me but it almost feels an embarrassment having an award's night after this shitshow of a season

I agree. This season/end of last, turned me away from AUFC more than any other has. I think the only comparable time was when Shiny Teeth started his downward management spiral. I don't think the club gasps just what a task it has on it's hands, to fix the widening gulf between them and the fans (outwith the core support) Spending time, money and club resources on commissioning something like a commemorative coin, when we can't even get interview sounds rights, or the stream quality or social media output and well, any of the 100 examples mentioned on here in any given week right... just sums things up!

Brown and Whitty were a step in the right direction, a big step granted, but only one of many required. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Maybe just me but it almost feels an embarrassment having an award's night after this shitshow of a season

Within that though, there have still been good individual performances throughout the season and ultimately we can still finish fifth. 

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Let’s not acknowledge players who did have a good season  🤔

If it’s not Murphy and Stanger then you’re wrong I’m afraid.

The easiest POTY selections I’ve ever made.

Edited by AyrAtlanta

A mate of mine is a Celtic fan and said that Brown was always making errors in interviews and once you hear it, you can’t stop hearing them. 

It’s minor stuff but it’s quite funny. In the press conference the other week, one of the UWS guys closed out the interview by saying have a safe trip up and good luck. To which Brown replied “good luck” 

He seems to be trying to get away from his Broony image and maybe be himself a bit more. Roy Keane spoke about Keano and Roy Keane being two different personalities. 
He’s certainly Broony on the touchline. He’s confronted more referees in his short spell than Bullen ever did. 

I quite like the idea of the commemorative coin for the new stand - it's daft but it's the sort of thing I'd like to imagine my grandkids or even beyond that looking at one day and looking up who in the family was an Ayr fan at that time - they're not gonna give a shit if the players that season came 9th or 7th or 1st or whatever.    I've got a couple of similar things from the war era when my great grandpa played down south for Burnley / Bradford and always found them pretty cool.  

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

I quite like the idea of the commemorative coin for the new stand - it's daft but it's the sort of thing I'd like to imagine my grandkids or even beyond that looking at one day and looking up who in the family was an Ayr fan at that time - they're not gonna give a shit if the players that season came 9th or 7th or 1st or whatever.    I've got a couple of similar things from the war era when my great grandpa played down south for Burnley / Bradford and always found them pretty cool.  

I though it was a bit shite tbh, but I think that’s probably a good way to look at it, ultimately this is a huge bit of history for a club that has been passed to most of us through generations. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I though it was a bit shite tbh, but I think that’s probably a good way to look at it, ultimately this is a huge bit of history for a club that has been passed to most of us through generations. 

Yes, I agree. I think it is easy to be a bit cynical but in the context of our club this is a Big Deal. Looking at it now we might dismiss it but looking back people will appreciate it was an important development. I don't know if anything similar was issued at the time floodlights were installed in the early 1970s but if there had been I don't think anyone today who still had it would be thinking "that was a waste of time why did we produce a coin and why did I buy it".

5 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'm not against the idea in general, it's a good bit of footie memorabilia and as you say, great to look back on. I just feel there's a lot of other issues, that could be easily addressed before the time and effort it took to arrange this bud.

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Do wee think Raith will win against ICT this evening and help us out, or shit the bed!? 

No

On the new north terrace stand. I’ve been going to Somerset Park for over 50 years and in that time the only ground development I have seen have been the family stand, the seggie fence, new floodlights and some toilets replaced. Believe me this development is a big deal.

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Do wee think Raith will win against ICT this evening and help us out, or shit the bed!? 

Inverness win Both to Score my bet of the day that I'd be delighted to lose in spectacular fashion.   

42 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

On the new north terrace stand. I’ve been going to Somerset Park for over 50 years and in that time the only ground development I have seen have been the family stand, the seggie fence, new floodlights and some toilets replaced. Believe me this development is a big deal.

Agreed, I just wish the chairman and the club didn't come across as being so pleased with themselves about it. Just personal taste, I guess.