The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Remember what happened when we took 2000 to firhill?

Just keep it to 300-400 usual suspects away, and we will be fine.  

The results against Plastic Whistle up there with that day in Auchinleck. #PTSD

15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That bbc team of the year is a joke! Two Queen’s Park players what the f**k they have been absolutely rank

PFA team wasn't it?

21 minutes ago, Peil said:

PFA team wasn't it?

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes ,it was the PFA team 

I’m watching on mute so thought it was the bbc one. Even still how the hell is there two QP players in there? 

Edited by ryanayr1987

23 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’m watching on mute so thought it was the bbc one. Even still how the hell is there two QP players in there? 

You can’t really argue with Paton. If he was playing for Raith or Dundee United he’d be well clear of Graham in the scoring charts. I can’t say there’s been any goalies that have impressed me this year. I’d probably have gone for Walton though. 

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can’t really argue with Paton. If he was playing for Raith or Dundee United he’d be well clear of Graham in the scoring charts. I can’t say there’s been any goalies that have impressed me this year. I’d probably have gone for Walton though. 

I disagree although not great the raith keeper has been better than ferrie other than when he appeared against us. Paton has done ok but surely Graham having the most goals and assists in fewer games would be better placed than a striker in a team likely to go down via the playoffs 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I disagree although not great the raith keeper has been better than ferrie other than when he appeared against us. Paton has done ok but surely Graham having the most goals and assists in fewer games would be better placed than a striker in a team likely to go down via the playoffs 

Brian Graham is in the team of the year.  He and Paton are the best two strikers in the league.  

14 hours ago, Only me... said:

I'm sure we had plenty up there the day Billy Findlay scored a cracker and we relegated them.

Really surprised how low key the build up to this has been. We’ve clearly still got work to do to be safe depending on other results.  I’d like to think Dunfermline will avoid defeat today to Inverness which might settle things, but I wouldn’t bet my mortgage on it.  Can’t help feeling everything has been a bit low key since Bullen left - makes you wonder if Mathie has quiet quit on us as the social media/club communication has been pretty minimal, with Mathie himself suddenly becoming the invisible man - can’t remember any comment at all from him during the managment transition and now he mostly posts about stuff not related to the first team.

26 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Really surprised how low key the build up to this has been. We’ve clearly still got work to do to be safe depending on other results.  I’d like to think Dunfermline will avoid defeat today to Inverness which might settle things, but I wouldn’t bet my mortgage on it.  Can’t help feeling everything has been a bit low key since Bullen left - makes you wonder if Mathie has quiet quit on us as the social media/club communication has been pretty minimal, with Mathie himself suddenly becoming the invisible man - can’t remember any comment at all from him during the managment transition and now he mostly posts about stuff not related to the first team.

It could just be Scott Brown wants it this way, it's his team now. I'm sure the media output will improve next season. 

22 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I'm happy to not hear from him, leave him be in his boardroom with his whiteboard full of management waffle words and making power point presentations. As for the lack of anything of substance coming from the club, it's really arrogant and it's certainly not going to attract fans into the fold. Someone mentioned a page or so ago of the rose tinted glasse effect.... Could it be, that all the happy clapping and back slapping for off the field work had been taken by certain management to mean everything is sweet!? Huge day for us and the championship. I hope to god we're safe cone 5pm, but I very much doubt it, that's not the AUFC way ha

2 minutes ago, Only me... said:

It could just be Scott Brown wants it this way, it's his team now. I'm sure the media output will improve next season. 

I hope this is it, but if you go back every generation of fans on here, you hear the same thing muttered by every one... Next season will be different.... we all await to be made to look stupid and the club comes up with the goods.

15 hours ago, Only me... said:

Some difference in 12 months...

We've got a commercial officer but their role shouldn't/doesn't cover social media as far as I know.

We don't have a social media/communication position at the club as far as I'm aware. 

We're badly crying out for one...

Edited by Rb123

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

We've got a commercial officer but their rule shouldn't/doesn't cover social media as far as I know.

We don't have a social media/communication position at the club as far as I'm aware. 

I might be misremembering, but this feels like the earliest I’ve ever renewed my season ticket, and yet there was no early bird incentive or even just a bit of hype.  Basically just an email, a price and a link if you want to buy one.  Not sure if there is any intention to launch next years jersey at the last home game as happened last season.  The social media output has been noticeably poorer than other clubs at our level for a while.  None of this is the  end of the world I suppose, but it feels a world away from the hype of the vision night, which might not be the worst thing as expectations then were maybe raised too high as to where we were going in the short term.   

13 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I hope this is it, but if you go back every generation of fans on here, you hear the same thing muttered by every one... Next season will be different.... we all await to be made to look stupid and the club comes up with the goods.

Very true. Things seem to be heading the right way for once in a long time, especially off the field,  which as a business, needs to be right before we can progress. We just need to see this season out and have a good summer window(better than last year's shambles), which surely we have learned our lessons from. New season, new stand open, new players in, better atmosphere and some realistic ambition for once, are the things I am looking forward to.

20 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

We've got a commercial officer but their role shouldn't/doesn't cover social media as far as I know.

I don't bother with socials, I'd go as far to say my 84 year old granny is more active than I am using them. But even I know how important it is for a business that requires footfall to make money, to have good social media output and customer engagement. I know we're opening up new revenue streams but the main product AUFC sell is football. I can imagine skills drills with brown on twattok would attract a huge viewing, use that to build your following and sucka punch them with match day advertising, promos etc etc. The general community face to face engagement seems pretty decent... but we're missing a massive opportunity to engage, by not having decent social media output. It's, unfortunately, the way of the world in modern times.