The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Peil said:

Word on the street is Chalmers is off to Raith

Reading between the line of various interviews and starting decisions, it doesn't seem like Chalmers plays the kind of football Broon wants to play. I think a lot of us seen this outcome happening... if it's true of course.... it is that crazy rumour time of Yr!

In Contract

Robbie Mutch

Ollie Ecrepont

Nick McAllister

George Stanger

Sean McGinty

Ben Dempsey

Andy Murdoch

Roy Syla

Jamie Murphy

Fraser Bryden

Mark McKenzie

Scott Tomlinson

Max Guthrie

Dylan Watret

Lucas McRoberts

Aiden McGeady

Francis Amartey

Ahkeem Rose

Expiring Contracts

Paddy Reading

Frankie Musonda

Paul Smith

Charlie Albinson

Carter Jenkins

Dario Viviani

Dimi Konstantopoulos

Expiring Loans

Anton Dowds

Harry McHugh

Logan Chalmers

Josh Clarke

Jack Sanders

Kurt Willoughby

At this stage, we can confirm that Paul Smith and Charlie Albinson in addition to Dimi Konstantopoulos will leave the Club following the expiry of their contracts. Thank you to all of them for their contributions throughout their time at Somerset Park and we wish them every success for the future.

Kind of a weird update. Surely McGinley will be off, I’m assuming Smith and Albinson have both refused to talk about a new deal and that’s why they are announced, the rest have to have “the talk” 

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

We could have gone for him 2 years ago but opted for David Bangala instead….  The correct decision I’m sure.

He knocked us back. 

Amartey was only a one year deal so he's either hit an appearance target or we've taken the option to extend. 

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Murdoch and Amartey still under contract?  So a current squad of 18 and I genuinely mean this when I say that squad would struggle to get top 4 in League 1.

Murdoch signed a 2 year deal with a 1 year option in 2022 and Amartey signed a 1 year deal with a 1 year option last summer so I presume both options have been activated.

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

Murdoch signed a 2 year deal with a 1 year option in 2022 and Amartey signed a 1 year deal with a 1 year option last summer so I presume both options have been activated.

Didn't realise there was an option, strange that they haven't said that the deal have been extended.

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Reckon McGinty, Rose, Syla and McGeady who are under contract will probably leave too.

RE McGeady, I am a bit worried as I think if he was for retiring, they would know by now.  He's not going to play elsewhere now IMO, I mean, who is going to pay him, he's completely finished and has this other position in the club.

I think it’s more likely that Smith and Albinson said months ago that they weren’t signing new deals so there’s been no further discussion with them. Given the season only ended on Friday it’s unlikely that the club have had the necessary discussions with the players that they won’t be offering deals to I.e McGinley and they definitely won’t have had discussions with players who they want to move on but are still under contract i.e Rose and McGinty. I’m sure conversations will happen this week and we’ll find out then. 

37 minutes ago, Peil said:

Word on the street is Chalmers is off to Raith

The guy who stands to the right of me at Somerset will be pleased. It’ll save him shouting “get Chalmers aff” every time he touches the fucking ball

How many players we expecting to bring in? Looking at that under contract list is pretty grim. We literally need players in every single position. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

If Chalmers is off to Raith, I’m pretty confident we’ll see very quickly how huge a loss that is. 

Do agree, but I would also say that he just hasn't fitted in since Brown arrived.  Can't be helped. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

How many players we expecting to bring in? Looking at that under contract list is pretty grim. We literally need players in every single position. 

Brown said "a lot" of players 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If Chalmers is off to Raith, I’m pretty confident we’ll see very quickly how huge a loss that is. 

Aye, he’s genuinely so under appreciated amongst sections of our fan base. Fans rather having Bryden or McKenzie outwide due to them “running about” more. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Do agree, but I would also say that he just hasn't fitted in since Brown arrived.  Can't be helped. 

Brown said "a lot" of players 

I think I said it after Friday night, that recently he has been more of a moments player as opposed to the start of the season where he was unplayable. His reverse pass and cracking shot for example the other night. 

Whether it’s a Brown style thing, or just a form thing I don’t know and if he is off we aren’t going to find it. We obviously absolutely need some quality to replace him and not just chuck limited players like Bryden out wide. A full back able to contribute going forward would also help! 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, he’s genuinely so under appreciated amongst sections of our fan base. Fans rather having Bryden or McKenzie outwide due to them “running about” more. 

The interesting thing about Logan is his goals , he’s on 9 and would have got up to about 12 if he had stayed in the team . He may well be better at 10 than on the wing . Be sad to see him go to a rival as it was with Mullin last year . Would love Mullin back but hey ho .