The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Ayrutd1910 said:

Looking ahead what's the bet its Falkirk away first game of the season 

Nothing better than ringing in the new season in front of 202,000 fans. Would be just like playing the Old Firm if Ayr had gotten promoted.

40 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Don't think he's particularly good tbh

Thought he was shite at Airdrie and never been impressed when I've watched Larne.  

Would make Aidan McAdams #1 there. 

Must be alright surely?

He’s been their number one for the last 3 seasons and they’ve won that Northern Irish league 2 years on the trot?

12 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Must be alright surely?

He’s been their number one for the last 3 seasons and they’ve won that Northern Irish league 2 years on the trot?

I'm sure he won it with Linfield as well, I think their (Larne) defence are pretty decent.  

10 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Must be alright surely?

Levels at play again. Sam ashford looks like a semi decent footballer in that league. 

7 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Chalmers has signed for Raith on a 2 year deal apparently 

I’ll try and avoid having a heads gone until this is officially announced but if true a very worrying start to recruitment. I was hoping there would be a buy in to what Scott Brown was trying to do from the current players however this news and Dowds fairly ominous comments on Friday suggest they aren’t. 

29 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Chalmers has signed for Raith on a 2 year deal apparently 

I’m assuming they are going to lose one of their wide players, as they have fucking tons of them… 

But aye, it isn’t exactly the optimistic start that I was hoping for. 

I mean, if a similar type club, offers similar type term but are only a hop, skip and jump down the A92 from your family home/area.... it's a simple decision really. I'd love him to stay, but feel it's already been proven he doesn't fit into broons game.

19 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I mean, if a similar type club, offers similar type term but are only a hop, skip and jump down the A92 from your family home/area.... it's a simple decision really. I'd love him to stay, but feel it's already been proven he doesn't fit into broons game.

Agreed

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m assuming they are going to lose one of their wide players, as they have fucking tons of them… 

But aye, it isn’t exactly the optimistic start that I was hoping for. 

Easton away most likely. 

39 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

feel it's already been proven he doesn't fit into broons game.

This, it's all well and good us wanting him to stay but if he does not fit the style, work rate, philosophy that Brown wants to use he's not going to be here, Browns primary job was to secure Championship football he did it getting the best out of what he had, now he needs to stamp his image and hid players on the club over the pre season.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ll try and avoid having a heads gone until this is officially announced but if true a very worrying start to recruitment. I was hoping there would be a buy in to what Scott Brown was trying to do from the current players however this news and Dowds fairly ominous comments on Friday suggest they aren’t. 

Brown has already hunted Albinson and looks like the club captain is next on the list. While Browns approach may (early days) be to the benefit of the club, it might not be going down well with the current team who look like they have been mollycoddled for the last 3 years. 

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Easton away most likely. 

He seems keen to stay going by what he's said lately to supporters however could just be paying folk lip service. There was a rumour of Motherwell being after him but appeared to come from a Mothewell fan notorious for chatting shite. As for Chalmers, a Rovers fan/group mentioned it on Twitter a day or two ago but I assumed they lifted it from here. The post and the account has since vanished. You boys will know better seeing your team week in week out but everytime I've seen Chalmers he's looked arguably Ayr's best player. 

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Chalmers he's looked arguably Ayr's best player. 

He's got that touch of genius he almost scored a absolute worldie on Friday from about 35 yards out but he can be in an out games like any winger at our level but then again a goal or assist every two games is not to be sniffed at, he's not been on the same consistency level as Jamie Murphy who has been class this season and easily our best player.

Posted (edited)

I have a sneaky feeling Dowds is of to Livvy. Martindale alluded to having a couple of deals done already.

Nothing to support my theory, just a gut feeling.

I’m not fussed about Chalmers, Brown obviously doesn’t fancy him somIll trust the gaffer’s decision.

Edited by Hazbart

Would love to see Chalmers staying....but have feeling he may want to be closer to home...would blame him ...if he did leave ..

In regards to McGinty I wouldnt keep him as Captain regardless whether he stays or goes ...he hardly says a word during a game and does nothing to motivate the team ....however I do feel he is half decent at the back especially if he played next to a leader ...

The amount of times I have shouted for him to get the team lifted and he says and does nothing ..... McAllister was the only one that even attempted to gee up the team ...

15 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

The amount of times I have shouted for him to get the team lifted and he says and does nothing ..... McAllister was the only one that even attempted to gee up the team ...

McAllister for captain? That's a thought, would struggle to keep the armband on his arm due to the amount of elbow tackles he does.