The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-bid-cracking-summer-32764460

Tells us nothing new really. But by Christ are articles hard to read on the daily record. 

In terms of detail, it told us nothing. But I thought the tone and general message were very confident - if they don't bring in a few good signings pretty quickly they are going to look quite foolish.

Remember the Cyprus mob we played in a friendly under Roberts i think which descended into WW3, 2 red cards i'm pretty sure, one was for Robbie Crawford 

Getting players in early is something we've needed for a few seasons now. Especially this year with the numbers Brown is talking about needing. Backed himself into a corner a bit with that though cause if he doesn't get them in early then it'll look like panic stations a bit, and obviously there's no way he's going to get all his targets.

Pre season training starts on 17th June, , normally quiet for next 2 weeks as most players are away on holiday , but I feel that players will be announced after this holiday period 

I’ll not get excited until we start seeing signings being announced. We’ve had the same war cry last few seasons, so hopefully Brown isn’t let down. Remember a previous season we didn’t get many in early because we had to wait until end of June as that’s when the English players came out of contract!

19 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Pre season training starts on 17th June, , normally quiet for next 2 weeks as most players are away on holiday , but I feel that players will be announced after this holiday period 

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’ll not get excited until we start seeing signings being announced. We’ve had the same war cry last few seasons, so hopefully Brown isn’t let down. Remember a previous season we didn’t get many in early because we had to wait until end of June as that’s when the English players came out of contract!

I’d say the first three signings are huge. If we can get Dowds, a centre back and a midfielder in off the bat and they’re established players then people will be satisfied even if we then went on to miss out on Chalmers. 

I see Brown saying he wants Clarke back next season if Celtic allow it so I’m guessing he’s either under contract and it’ll be a loan or he wanting Celtic to waive their right to a fee so we can pick him up. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say the first three signings are huge. If we can get Dowds, a centre back and a midfielder in off the bat and they’re established players then people will be satisfied even if we then went on to miss out on Chalmers. 

I see Brown saying he wants Clarke back next season if Celtic allow it so I’m guessing he’s either under contract and it’ll be a loan or he wanting Celtic to waive their right to a fee so we can pick him up. 

Clarkes out of contract so would be a straightforward signing I’d guess. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Clarkes out of contract so would be a straightforward signing I’d guess. 

If Celtic offer him a deal though then they’d be due a fee because of his age though, no? 

Clubs can waive their right to said fee if they want to. Aberdeen did it with Rose, Roscoe and Harvie I’m sure. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Celtic offer him a deal though then they’d be due a fee because of his age though, no? 

Clubs can waive their right to said fee if they want to. Aberdeen did it with Rose, Roscoe and Harvie I’m sure. 

I think he’s being released from what I seen. I’d imagine if Brown was desperate for him they’d waive it like you say. 

43 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye and they need to be signings where you think “fair fucks, that’s decent”

My expectations of the club not fucking up recruitment again is extremely low given our last few transfer windows but we’ll wait and see. It’ll no doubt be an influx of players from down south, 1 or 2 will end up not being totally gubbins and we’ll rinse and repeat in January. 

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye and they need to be signings where you think “fair fucks, that’s decent”

My expectations of the club not fucking up recruitment again is extremely low given our last few transfer windows but we’ll wait and see. It’ll no doubt be an influx of players from down south, 1 or 2 will end up not being totally gubbins and we’ll rinse and repeat in January. 

I would think with the current management team that the signings will be different this year 

There is a lot of talk about Brown will do this or that, we just need to wait and see what he does and how it works out and judge him on that rather than an expectation that he'll sign a dozen players in his image or hunt players like Chalmers because they aren't defenders. 

A big step will simply being competitive next year and not have extended runs of poor form again. having 6-7 guys that give 6/7 out of 10 every week. At least we'd have a platform to build on for the following season rather than shipping out 10 to 15 players next summer and rebuilding again. 

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would think with the current management team that the signings will be different this year 

8 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm so much more confident in browns summer transfer window than bullens last years .I don't think for one minute we will be shopping in the 22nd tier of English football any more .

Don’t see how it’s going to be any different with Brown than it was with Bullen. Mathie will still be having involvement in it and loved a down south signing. 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t see how it’s going to be any different with Brown than it was with Bullen. Mathie will still be having involvement in it and loved a down south signing. 

Let’s wait and see but I think there will be a different approach 

I'm all for signing players from down south. There's definitely some gems down there we could get. 

The approach to signing them has to be different though. The scattershot approach to signing players who clearly nobody actually seen playing has to end.

I'm sure we ended up with Ahui on the back of one video of him making a tackle. I'm sure nobody actually witnessed him kick a ball.

No more gambling please.

44 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I'm all for signing players from down south. There's definitely some gems down there we could get. 

The approach to signing them has to be different though. The scattershot approach to signing players who clearly nobody actually seen playing has to end.

I'm sure we ended up with Ahui on the back of one video of him making a tackle. I'm sure nobody actually witnessed him kick a ball.

No more gambling please.

Fairly certain he made that tackle to fix his own mistake as well!

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A new income stream might also mean less buying of lottery tickets 

Every transfer is a risk, we have had guys like Trouten be brilliant for all around us but playing like he had knees for feet for us, twice.  

40 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Every transfer is a risk, we have had guys like Trouten be brilliant for all around us but playing like he had knees for feet for us, twice.  

Aye that’s fair but there’s far more chance of a player with previous experience at this level being a success than a jobber from down south. The fact that we chased Brian Graham and then Billy McKay last season showed we had no real plan last summer and we’re throwing shit at the wall and hoping something would stick.