The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

“One down, now announce the signing of Lewis Strapp as well”

8B41D4F6-E15B-413B-A1E1-CAEE3E788D14.jpeg

They seem to rate Grant Gillespie for some random reason. Sign him and make him serve drinks in the new hospitality.

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Any idea when the away strip will be launched? 

Not sure but it’s going to be priced one million pounds a top to make up for the financial hole we’ve dug ourselves into by signing George Oakley.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

shameful stuff offering a better contract for a player from a team in the same league.

Won’t someone think of the Morton. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The more rational reply. A lot of the other replies getting wound by the work bankrolled. I didn't exactly call you the next Gretna - Raith and QP are already in the league to fly that flag.

But like you say, you do have the financial support of a Chairman that can assist.

Morton literally have to live within our means or we are fucked.

Yeah for us it's more like getting a leg up from the chairman, he built this stuff so that fans can put money into it by using it.  

If MCT wanted to do similar it's likely they'd probably need a loan to e.g. buy the Norseman so likely not a goer in the current time. 

But obviously when we genuinely were bankrolled, you had it properly bad:

If only Morten had spent some of the money they earned when they played Celtic two years ago by signing there better players up on better contracts it's ok we got Dave "Megabucks" Smith to buy us the championship title 

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Any idea when the away strip will be launched? 

Not seen it but heard it’s red and yellow. The third kit is also a lilac colour.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Not seen it but heard it’s red and yellow. The third kit is also a lilac colour.

I am paying attention. 

Similar to goalkeeper top?

TEAM-J01-0-AYRU-PPGN24-ADLT-P1_3ec4736e-35ee-4676-9476-76b7a7dab865.jpg

Edited by itzdrk

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I’m holding off buying the home top till I see the away. If they are as nice as the home top I might have a dilemma 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

I see Dougie Imrie has retweeted someone’s post saying WTF :lol:

Seems to me there's very little to gain by someone in his position being active on social media.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I am paying attention. 

Similar to goalkeeper top?

TEAM-J01-0-AYRU-PPGN24-ADLT-P1_3ec4736e-35ee-4676-9476-76b7a7dab865.jpg

Not a clue that’s all I was told. But I was told directly from someone who definitely has seen them. Away similar to Albion Rovers was the wording.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I see Dougie Imrie has retweeted someone’s post saying WTF :lol:

Fantastic content 

y31bhw.jpg

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think folk need to remember that George Oakley wasn’t some international superstar before Morton. He signed for them off the back of a woeful six months at Caley when in doubt he had any other offers at this level. The contract he would’ve been on probably said as much. 

Now that he’s out of contract I can imagine Morton will have offered him more money as is needed given the turn he did for them. We don’t need to be offering a huge amount of cash just to be outbidding Greenock fucking Morton. 

And Partick too....

Could be an early indication that Ayr are going to throw silly money about to get promoted next season. 

Great for the fans of course, but rarely ends well

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

And Partick too....

Could be an early indication that Ayr are going to throw silly money about to get promoted next season. 

Nowhere has it said we have outbid Partick. 

Just now, Colkitto said:

And Partick too....

Right boys, let’s enjoy this season as it could be our last