The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah the new north stand seating ticket is more, but can also go down to the standing areas if you like as well and can usually pop up into main stand and sit on any seat that has not been purchased as a ST or on match day.

Ah, that has cleared it up a bit, cheers. Looking again general prices, then slightly higher for the new seated area. 

I wonder if it would be worth ditching the u12 costs and promoting a kids go free option? Or some kind of hybrid whereby you get a free u12 if you buy an adult ticket?

Edited by Claudia Gentile

9 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I repeat my sentiments of last season ....doesn't matter who we sign people aren't happy....jeese

IF....we do sign Oakley ...as nothing is confirmed yet (see Paton/Todorov)

Then I believe we have exactly the type of player we have been asking for ... experienced championship player ...who I have watched us absolutely tear us apart 4 times this season.

Also watched him against Dundee United and Motherwell and he did the same to them ... absolutely terrorised Motherwell in particular and is a clever footballer who is also a bit of a shit stirrer who will wynd up opponents...

Dunfermline fans and Patrick fans wanting him signed with them says alot...

If u don't agree please suggest better alternatives? Maybe a wee player from the the Ishman premier who appears on YouTube scoring against a team with 8 fans ??

Obviously want Dowds back ....aswell ...before that's mentioned but reckon they would complement each other ..

I remember similar being said last season before McGeady signed who arguably came with a better back ground.  It's good to read different opinions on our signings as the last few seasons have shown they don't all work out 

11 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I remember similar being said last season before McGeady signed who arguably came with a better back ground.  It's good to read different opinions on our signings as the last few seasons have shown they don't all work out 

Well if you had looked at Oakley’s background you would see he is approaching 29, has played less than 200 games to any standard and has scored around 40 career goals. Hardly prolific and  don’t forget that when you saw him live he was up against Paddy McGinty and his fellow goats. Buyer beware.

33 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Well if you had looked at Oakley’s background you would see he is approaching 29, has played less than 200 games to any standard and has scored around 40 career goals. Hardly prolific and  don’t forget that when you saw him live he was up against Paddy McGinty and his fellow goats. Buyer beware.

So you’d be happy to lose him? 

Signing George Oakley:

Pros:  The prospect of it is really, really winding up Morton fans.

Cons: His career stats are pretty poor.  And also probably means we’re not getting Dowds.

Just now, Nelson said:

Signing George Oakley:

Pros:  The prospect of it is really, really winding up Morton fans.

Cons: His career stats are pretty poor.  And also probably means we’re not getting Dowds.

Worth it for the pros though. If it upsets wee tight chinos and his droogs then I'm on board.

9 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Noooooo don't bin Ahkeem. 

9 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

The slowest 100m sprinter in the world.

There was a clip going about of David Smith in that game vs staff where he was through on goal and got took out and i was watching genuinely thinking he looked quicker that i'd seen Rose or McGeady move this season..

On 06/05/2024 at 19:46, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye I’m the same. If ICT go down I’d be all over Mark Ridgers. A very good keeper at this level. 

DF169F32-7782-4C4B-B7B5-1FBC41A7AE28.jpeg

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Anyone worth pillaging from ICT? 

Cameron Harper. Although I believe he is headed to the Premiership, think its Killie.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Anyone worth pillaging from ICT? 

I’d still take McKay tbh. Think he’s got another season in him at this level. Cammy Kerr as well. 

Going to be weird, a team with 3 sides to their ground and one with 2 sides to their ground coming up

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Sobering to think we only finished 2 points ahead of that Inverness team.  

I am so thankful, out of everything this season, that we were safe from the play off!