The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Despite what I said earlier about a midfielder, do you think we would go for Charlie Telfer?

Yeah but I’m not sure where you fit him in. 

I think we’ve got 3 midfielders who are all very similar but don’t have a solid defensive midfielder nor do we have a more attacking midfielder like Telfer. 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah but I’m not sure where you fit him in. 

I think we’ve got 3 midfielders who are all very similar but don’t have a solid defensive midfielder nor do we have a more attacking midfielder like Telfer. 

I think Brown would move Sila on if he could 

12 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I think Brown would move Sila on if he could 

I reckon if he didn’t want him he would have gotten rid of him, look at Rose and Amartey both being moved on I reckon he maybe sees something in Syla

3 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

A good player .

The Airdrie assistant manager joined  Rovers- would suspect he will go there ….. but just a wild guess….

God knows where we would fit him in with matthews resigning but  Murray does love a midfielder and might use matthews at rb like he did in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Looking at the squad, would say a centre mid and couple of defenders completes the squad? 

Let’s see what next couple of days bring 

17 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I've now got myself all excited about the prospect of us signing McMann and Ashcroft.

Will now be gutted if it doesn't happen.

Not so sure about Ashcroft, not played a lot of football in last 2 years cause of injuries, although that may help us as you'd have thought he wouldn't be keen going somewhere with astro, but as per best money and location will trump it..

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Not so sure about Ashcroft, not played a lot of football in last 2 years cause of injuries, although that may help us as you'd have thought he wouldn't be keen going somewhere with astro, but as per best money and location will trump it..

He played 42 games in all comps two years ago when Dundee won the league. 

Last season he only managed 14 but his season ended in February after an injury and he wasn’t getting a kick at Dundee due to better defenders. 

As long as he’s recovered from his last injury and gets a proper pre season into him then he’ll be fine. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He played 42 games in all comps two years ago when Dundee won the league. 

Last season he only managed 14 but his season ended in February after an injury and he wasn’t getting a kick at Dundee due to better defenders. 

As long as he’s recovered from his last injury and gets a proper pre season into him then he’ll be fine. 

If o recall it properly he got his injury at Somerset against us just after he went on loan to Raith 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

If o recall it properly he got his injury at Somerset against us just after he went on loan to Raith 

Yup it was. His first appearance.