The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Think he did ok for Airdrie this season, he’s contracted for another season at hibs though so would require a fee or a loan or release 

He's highly rated but at only 20 could probably do with another season on loan at this level.

However well documented the issues Hibs have got with squad size and the amount of youngsters and fringe players running into the last year of their deal that are going to be surplus to requirements.

Who knows

Edited by Rb123

Not to put a dampener on things, there may be no big hitter but there’s also no obvious basket case either, expect the league to be as much of a dogfight as it’s ever been. Some team will have a bad season but hope its comfortably not us.

8 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Difference being previously there has always been a big hitter in the league who if not top by Christmas will go out and buy a full new team. We don’t have that this year, we have a Livingston team that may have financial issues in the background. There is nobody to be scared of in this league. 

And the way things are going I think we will see some spend in January if read.

I won’t lie, you guys appear to be building a worryingly good squad out on the coast. Judging by the way most teams are building I think this is going to be the best league in Scotland once again. I hope we get a move on with signings soon. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I won’t lie, you guys appear to be building a worryingly good squad out on the coast. Judging by the way most teams are building I think this is going to be the best league in Scotland once again. I hope we get a move on with signings soon. 

I think we’ve made good signings and then we’ve made signings where no one really knows what to expect. 

The big positive for me is that we’re getting them in early so we aren’t going to be scrambling around at the end of August looking for players and also, everyone will get a pre season under their belts. Still think we’re a good RB, CB and CM away from threatening Raith. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

It's really funny to me that ICT had Ayr's number for absolutely years and then Hopkin of all people managed to break their jinx and seemingly that was enough to bury them within a couple of seasons.

Yeah, that's what caused it, been trying to work it out for weeks.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Wesley Snipes Always Bet On Black GIF

8 minutes ago, United1973 said:

So brown said he expects 2or 3 more to come in . Walker in the door . So we still need rb ch and cm what position out the 3 needs beefed up I go for rb and cm 

We only have 2 signed centre halves for those 2 positions, so centre half is priority number 1 for me.  Yes McMann can cover there, but we desperately need another.  I think we could possibly sign 2 permanent and 1 loan player at a push.  CB/CM and maybe get a right back on loan (Megwa would be superb).

Shaping up to be an exciting season for both clubs I'd reckon. One of my sons best pals here in Kirkcaldy is an Ayr fan, regularly goes about wearing his Ayr top and even does a football class at Starks with my son at the weekend wearing his Ayr gear. Needless to say the banter between the two of them in pre season has been good natured. I nearly thought he had been converted as he was at our playoff games at Starks wearing a Rovers scarf 👀

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Shaping up to be an exciting season for both clubs I'd reckon. One of my sons best pals here in Kirkcaldy is an Ayr fan, regularly goes about wearing his Ayr top and even does a football class at Starks with my son at the weekend wearing his Ayr gear. Needless to say the banter between the two of them in pre season has been good natured. I nearly thought he had been converted as he was at our playoff games at Starks wearing a Rovers scarf 👀

He was just being polite with the scarf thing 😉

17 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I nearly thought he had been converted as he was at our playoff games at Starks wearing a Rovers scarf 

He'll be supporting one of the OF soon if he continues with that kind of behaviour. It's a slippery slope.

AYR UNITED
IN: Anton Dowds (Partick Thistle, loan made permanent), Scott McMann (Dundee United), George Oakley (Greenock Morton), Marco Rus (Coventry City), Ethan Walker (Blackburn Rovers), Jay Henderson (Ross County, loan), Harry Stone (Heart of Midlothian, loan)

OUT: Charlie Albinson (Hamilton Academical), Sean McGinty (Hamilton Academical), Paul Smith (Annan Athletic), Logan Chalmers (Dundee United, end of loan), Josh Clarke (Celtic, end of loan), Harry McHugh (Wigan Athletic, end of loan), Jack Sanders (Kilmarnock, end of loan), Kurt Willoughby (Oldham Athletic, end of loan), Franny Amartey, Akheem Rose

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:
AYR UNITED
IN: Anton Dowds (Partick Thistle, loan made permanent), Scott McMann (Dundee United), George Oakley (Greenock Morton), Marco Rus (Coventry City), Ethan Walker (Blackburn Rovers), Jay Henderson (Ross County, loan), Harry Stone (Heart of Midlothian, loan)

OUT: Charlie Albinson (Hamilton Academical), Sean McGinty (Hamilton Academical), Paul Smith (Annan Athletic), Logan Chalmers (Dundee United, end of loan), Josh Clarke (Celtic, end of loan), Harry McHugh (Wigan Athletic, end of loan), Jack Sanders (Kilmarnock, end of loan), Kurt Willoughby (Oldham Athletic, end of loan), Franny Amartey, Akheem Rose

Looking at that I can't see anyone we've lost that hasn't had an upgrade, Chalmers included as at worst we've not downgraded. 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Looking at that I can't see anyone we've lost that hasn't had an upgrade, Chalmers included as at worst we've not downgraded. 

Would agree, would say an unknown quantity rather than not downgraded.  However looks a lot stronger.