The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, how thin would you like to split that hair?

If the individual is lying on an application, giving a false address, using a VPN to imply he is located in a different country in order to obtain a service he is not entitled to receive in the UK then that's pretty clearly fraud. If he isn't lying then the company in question is illegally supplying a service to the UK which is in breach of the exclusive UK broadcast deal with Sky. This may potentially be  a civil breach rather than a criminal one but that's debatable. There are lots of examples of Sky pursuing pubs for broadcasting foreign streams rather than subscribing to Sky. Mostly these cases are won and they seem to always involve a criminal prosecution rather than a civil one. Of course the pubs are a much more obvious target as they are actually making money through trading on the back of the broadcasts. Not sure if there's been any action against any individuals but presumably in principle the same option is open?

https://www.entsportslawjournal.com/articles/10.16997/eslj.76/print/

Interesting. So its not the receiving of streams thats illegal its the fact that you've been "dishonest" when signing up. Im claiming that as a score draw :lol: Maybe @ftk needs to check his sources!

As UpInTheAyr said, the prosecution of individuals is highly unlikely. Im not even aware of any individuals who have been prosecuted for receiving IPTV, which is even more illegal.

Its a guess, but the link you quoted was specifically about landlords buying overseas satellite boxes and cards, which would seem to be much easier to argue was knowingly dishonest than using a VPN and signing up to a website that didnt stop you. Theres also the resource angle as well, as UITA said

54 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's entirely impractical to do that though you'd think, in terms of resources and manpower. That's why they focus on pubs/resellers and the likes

Yes, I agree. I'm only quibbling the notion that it's not illegal. I suspect it is but it probably depends on how you want to split the hair on defining "illegal". I'm not a lawyer. Regardless, it's certainly not "permitted" for individuals to do that.

37 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Interesting. So its not the receiving of streams thats illegal its the fact that you've been "dishonest" when signing up. Im claiming that as a score draw :lol: Maybe @ftk needs to check his sources!

As UpInTheAyr said, the prosecution of individuals is highly unlikely. Im not even aware of any individuals who have been prosecuted for receiving IPTV, which is even more illegal.

Its a guess, but the link you quoted was specifically about landlords buying overseas satellite boxes and cards, which would seem to be much easier to argue was knowingly dishonest than using a VPN and signing up to a website that didnt stop you. Theres also the resource angle as well, as UITA said

As above, of course a prosecution of individuals is very unlikely and would certainly be counter productive financially. It's far more likely they'd take action against the broadcaster for failing to ensure their product was not available in the UK. I suspect in principle they probably COULD take action though.

33 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

F7F8E790-907F-434C-8EF8-38A16DD1701E.jpg.ff9cdc3c30a690497fdc4bbc2c5209c9.jpgcolour.thumb.jpg.f733427e0376cd9a74852a91f8aa1ef9.jpgIMG_8744.thumb.jpg.eb1fd933dac5eba6c91e0a139f43e612.jpg

Going to have this print available soon - don’t know whether to offer it with a white mount or a black mount (this is my side gig).

I’ve sketched the photo I took the other day and coloured a section of it.

http://etsy.com/uk/shop/StevenMcClureArt

Would definitely buy one, enquired a while ago with the club shop for a print, but had nothing. Think the black mount as pictured looks cool. 

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

F7F8E790-907F-434C-8EF8-38A16DD1701E.jpg.ff9cdc3c30a690497fdc4bbc2c5209c9.jpgcolour.thumb.jpg.f733427e0376cd9a74852a91f8aa1ef9.jpgIMG_8744.thumb.jpg.eb1fd933dac5eba6c91e0a139f43e612.jpg

Going to have this print available soon - don’t know whether to offer it with a white mount or a black mount (this is my side gig).

I still can't see the new brickwork. 🤣

Very nice, I'll certainly buy one. It can go above my desk when working at home. 

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

That looks superb! I’ve told you before though mate, that you need to watermark your work. Saves anyone copying  it and printing it out themselves 😞

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Right folks, I’ve ordered the prints so should be in early next week - offering it in colour, b & w, without mount, with white mount or with black mount.

£5 from every sale will go towards the AUFC 500 fund

Here is the link:

https://etsy.me/37YyCLt[\URL]

Feel free to share

That’s mine purchased! 

Another blow to us for next season , what a player Stephen Kelly will turn out to be ,  Just got to suck it up ,he is a Rangers player . The silver lining is Rangers are pretty impressed with how we treated him , 33 Championship games at 19 ain’t bad going . Let’s hope they have another couple of gems we can have for a season or so ...