The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm confident a fit Craig Moore would get 15 to 20 league goals at this level. 

I agree however that is never going to happen. Time we cut our losses I think.

Going into the season with McKenzie and Moffat as our only fit strikers is worrying. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Fs KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN

Put most his eggs in one basket with Drinan obsession and now we're fucked. Two we've missed out on are probably McPake and McIver.

All these good signings are going to be no good if we don't get a goalscorer. Walsh, Zanatta and McCowan might get you 10-15 goals in the season at a push.

Where's the rest coming from.... A constantly injured Craig Moore, Moffat who's goalscoring days are by him and an untested kid in McKenzie.

Stop living in a perpetual state of panic man, it'll be fine. 

Moore is a good penalty box striker and genuinely would get double figures in this league but he’s never going to be fit enough to get those numbers. As a second or third choice striker he’s fine but we’ll bring at least a new striker in to lead the line.

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

How many seasons is that over? I'm guessing 3.

Well he has 4 goals in each of the last two seasons so that brings us to 12 this season coming so striker issue is solved. 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Craig Moore is ideal when you're 1-0 up and you want to bring on a player who can run and try to hassle defenders, that's it. 

He's got a good work ethic but lacks the quality in this league.

Could easily be a facilitator for us if the majority of our goals are to come from the 3 behind the striker rather than the main guy. 

Afolabi is a v good signing for Dundee, with the surprisingly good signings they've made i'd say they're going to be nearer challenging Hearts for 1st than battling with the likes of possibly ourselves, Inverness and Dunfermline for the remaining play off spots. 

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Afolabi is a v good signing for Dundee, with the surprisingly good signings they've made i'd say they're going to be nearer challenging Hearts for 1st than battling with the likes of possibly ourselves, Inverness and Dunfermline for the remaining play off spots. 

1. Hearts 2. Dunfermline 3. Dundee 4. ICT/Ayr United.

That will be the top 4 IMO. With the lack of striking option and cover in attacking midfield/Wing I’d have us probably 5th just now. 

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

1. Hearts 2. Dunfermline 3. Dundee 4. ICT/Ayr United.

That will be the top 4 IMO. With the lack of striking option and cover in attacking midfield/Wing I’d have us probably 5th just now. 

Keep the faith. I'm sure Mark and Mick will have it taken care of.