The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Killie have sacked Wright and we still retain Duffy. The parody club rolls on.

Even Morton sacked Gus for only drawing with us.

And our clown car board even tried to talk Hopkin out of leaving. 

As this season rolls on, I'm getting more and more angry with the board. What the f**k are they playing at?

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Another frustration,Callum throwing soft ball pitches at him in the interview. At some point it has to be addressed.

I really feel that it's a lost cause trying to get fierce, honest journalism from the club's own media team. And this is at the moment the only reliable news outlet the club employs.

It is funny to recall that McCall used to get quite chippy when asked total softballs though.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I really feel that it's a lost cause trying to get fierce, honest journalism from the club's own media team. And this is at the moment the only reliable news outlet the club employs.

It is funny to recall that McCall used to get quite chippy when asked total softballs though.

Friendly fire isn't really a thing from in-house media. Their job is to talk the club up and give the manager a chance to speak. Externals like VoR and Graeme Spiers are the guys I would expect to ask the probing questions.

Some more stats, just to add to the depression...

We have the worst goal difference in the league at -16. We have the worst goals conceded at 32. We have the joint worst goals scored at 16. 

The only one we don't have is the worst position in the league.

Given we play Raith, Partick, Killie & Arbroath in our next four. I fancy us to be bottom right in time for the shitfest that will be our match v Morton on 15th Jan.

If Duffy or anyone else at the club is thinking tonight, HoHum, we were beaten by a better team and the fans are overreacting, then they need punted.

Duffys comments, we were shite and I am angry that we were shite. 

He picks the team, we have 2 central midfielders and he only plays 1. Bradley, Moffat, Adeloye and O’Conner have worked best all season and he doesn’t start them, today he replaced them with each other.

We have played best this season when we retain possession, we keep going back to treating the ball like a live grenade.

he can be angry with himself if he likes, he picked this team and gets them to play this way. 

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Killie have sacked Wright and we still retain Duffy. The parody club rolls on.

Morton, Killie and Falkirk all in various stages of recruiting a new manager. 

Whatever way you look at it, that dilutes the pool of above average contenders for us to target. 

Still living in disbelief that we gave Duffy and the other Hopkinites the chance to hang around. They should all have been emptied at the same time. 

We now sit waiting and hoping that there's a club statement later tonight. 

Duffy and Ayr is like a long distance relationship that's ran its course, some thought it would work out but it hasn't. Your mates knew better than you did. You know that even in its better times it was still more than a bit underwhelming and lasted longer than it should have. 

Bye Jim, your stuffs in a black bin bag and waiting at the door for you when you get back. 

Edited by BukyOHare

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Whatever way you look at it, that dilutes the pool of above average contenders for us to target. 

Still living in disbelief that we gave Duffy and the other Hopkinites the chance to hang around. They should all have been emptied at the same time. 

Duffy and Ayr is like a long distance relationship that's ran its course, you thought it would work out but it hasn't. You know that even in its better times it was still more than a bit underwhelming and lasted longer than it should have. 

Bye Jim, your stuffs in a black bin bag and waiting at the door for you when you get back. 

Probably the ideal scenario for our next manager was working discreetly in the background and identifying the right person for an end of season move. Unfortunately it looks like this needs to happen sooner rather than later. More than likely means hiring someone looking to get back on track from within the usual suspects. To fit with the five year plan would they do something left field and pay some cash to tempt someone highly rated currently managing a lower league team.  

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Duffy and Ayr is like a long distance relationship that's ran its course, some thought it would work out but it hasn't. Your mates knew better than you did. You know that even in its better times it was still more than a bit underwhelming and lasted longer than it should have. 

Falkirk have a new management team.

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I know it's with the benefit of hindsight.

However, since sacking Kerr the board have got every major decision wrong. Every single one of them. That really takes some doing.

As I say, I'm angry at Duffy but he's not going to resign. His ego isn't quite as stratospheric as Hopkin's.

The board need to make a decision. I think they've been paralysed because they've got so many wrong they fear making another misstep. The problem with that thinking is that making no decision is actually a decision.

At the end of the day, if we do nothing and allow Duffy to bring in players we will be relegated. If we sack him and bring someone else in we give ourselves a chance to turn it round. We need to have a monster window with players going out and coming in. We also may well be relegated but holding tight would be unforgivable.

If I was the board, I'd pick up the phone to this guy (not one of the usual suspects) and see if he'd come and help us out for a spell. I'm not sure he'd be interested but you can but ask. He may even come in and help us bring in a permanent manager at seasons end. Who knows?

I'm more in favour of something like this than one of the usual suspects from the Scottish managerial merry go round.

Large.jpeg

We've not had the feeling of going to Somerset knowing Ayr are going to get pumped 100% every week in a long time. 

This is down to the team being pants, the board being completely clueless but using a new hub to throw us off, Duffy being as useful as a Fart in a spacesuit, yet having the amazing ability to become a emotionless cardboard cutout of himself at every game.

If nothing changes, then the slide continues. There's absolutely nothing David Smith could say or do to Justify this shite on the park, though we patiently await the excuses. 

We rid of Duffy and get someone with a brain between their ears, as Duffy has more hair follicles than wins and he's a baldy slapheed! 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If Duffy or anyone else at the club is thinking tonight, HoHum, we were beaten by a better team and the fans are overreacting, then they need punted.

To be fair though, you were actually beaten by a better team .....

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Probably the ideal scenario for our next manager was working discreetly in the background and identifying the right person for an end of season move. Unfortunately it looks like this needs to happen sooner rather than later. More than likely means hiring someone looking to get back on track from within the usual suspects. To fit with the five year plan would they do something left field and pay some cash to tempt someone highly rated currently managing a lower league team.  

Having Mathie in the door definitely helps in identifying suitable candidates. It's not ideal when he's probably not even got his name on the office door yet but these are exactly the moments and big decisions that he was brought into address. 

As things stand we're getting nothing from the next 4 games under Duffy anyway. New man in, transfer window ready. 

It was time to plan for the future as soon as the full time whistle went today. As Smith and Mathie travel back North West tonight their mobiles should be red hot.