The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Don’t dare leave out McAllister from that list of shame

We were told he was a full back / wing back when he arrived.

Quite how we continually play him in centre midfield does him as an individual and the collective team no favours whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Don’t dare leave out McAllister from that list of shame

Very strange player , always looks busy , pointing , talking etc , buts seems to me as if he does nothing football wise to help team , plays football with his mouth and arms rather than with his feet , really frustrates me 

Edited by Finlay21

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I wonder why he wasn't at the game. 

Probably a bricklayer short when building a house. 

I imagine its the same reason most of us aren't at every game. Life gets in the way sometimes. Whether it's birthdays, weddings etc. 

Admittedly today I couldn't be arsed but I can't make the next couple of games due to other commitments which take precedence. I may be watching a stream of those games assuming Duffy is gone.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Very strange player , always looks busy , pointing , talking etc , buts seems to me as if he does nothing football wise to help team , plays football with his mouth and arms rather than with his feet , really frustrates me 

Yeah, I totally agree. Its like he's talking to his invisible pal. He spends most of the game in the Bermuda triangle as well.

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

Week to week I cannot fathom how Duffy can watch us play and still consider Salkeld, McGinty and McAllister worthy of appearing, let alone starting. Its almost laughable.

He's just going through the motions. That's the only explanation.

Just now, North British said:

If/when Duffy leaves the club , how long would Dave White be able to hold the fort , as we look for a replacement ?

Hopefully atleast the 6 or 7 games for us to pull clear enough to survive.

If/when Duffy leaves the club , how long would Dave White be able to hold the fort , as we look for a replacement ?
Hopefully as long as it takes to get more than a stop gap in. If that's until the end of the season I'd pay him a bonus if he keeps us up. At least he'd put the best 11 on the park

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Tweet from a players father , is this what the players are thinking 

I was just about to post that quote. 

There might have been limitations in some of the combinations he was playing, but we were creating far more chances and the play was linked far better with Moffat in the side. To even contemplate bringing Salkeld and McGinty into the side is just mental. I have lost count how many goals McGinty has cost us now. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Tweet from a players father , is this what the players are thinking 

More or less confirms what everyone is thinking.

He has to go.

Part of the initial problem under Hopkin and now the main problem with Hopkin gone.

DUFFY OUT!

I know it's a commonly used phrase to say that a big centre forward can "bully" a poor centre back. But there were points today when McGinty and Fjortoft were literally bouncing off of Innes Cameron like dummies. That's on the few occasions when they actually got close enough to him.  Caught under the ball, out of position, unable to communicate to each other from start to finish. An impressive level of incompetence.

47 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Only 5?

Yep. The rest have proven themselves relatively competent at this level either with other clubs or with Ayr under the previous ownership.

This is still accepting that 20% of the entire first team squad is completely irredeemable garbage, and it compounds matters when they get repeatedly played. However that still leaves 20, and only 11 need to be sufficient at a time.

Edited by Thumper