The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Players not responding to instruction despite telling them week in week out and the same goals being lost cross balls into the box. All the teams are on to how poor our centre backs are regardless who we play, I’m sorry but Duffy has lost the dressing room on this shower of s—— and has to go, do the decent thing Duffy and walk like your predecessor.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What was the atmosphere like at full time? I left at 3-0

I think the bloke that bangs your drum must have left at 1 - 0, didn't take long to shut him up. 

Anyway, well done to those who travelled, considering you made up about 150 of only a  990 odd attendance it  makes poor reading from a Queens support point of view. 

27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That's exactly what I meant. Queens have always been a nothing team, but at least when we got humped there before they had at least Dobbies quality. Theres not one Queens player I'd take in our team which is saying something! 

As an aside did we get through a game v QOS without Wullie Gibson moaning about our fans?

I know next to nothing about them but I would highly doubt that Queens have no players in their squad that would improve our shambolic defensive and midfield pairings.

If yesterday wasn't a low enough point to punt him what is it going to take in the next 4 games, where no one is expecting us to take anything from them? Double figures loss? A riot inside Somerset?

Only prolonging the inevitable at this point, and it isn't just the results, it is clear the players have chucked it too and that only ends one way.

57 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That's exactly what I meant. Queens have always been a nothing team, but at least when we got humped there before they had at least Dobbies quality. Theres not one Queens player I'd take in our team which is saying something!

😆

Spot of winter fishing today?

Seasons in the last two decades that Ayr United have finished above Queen of the South = 3. And one of those we both got relegated even if you were a place higher!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Think that’s a slur on Muirhead , do you honestly think he would do that ? Any player who would do that would be a disgrace 

It does happen all the time, though. Paul Watson told Peter Grant earlier this season that he was "ill" and then went on holiday. When Lewis Toshney was with the Rovers, he refused to turn up to training because he became "ill" as soon as Dundee United showed an interest in him. Miraculously, the mystery malady cleared up in time for his first day at Tannadice. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It does happen all the time, though. Paul Watson told Peter Grant earlier this season that he was "ill" and then went on holiday. When Lewis Toshney was with the Rovers, he refused to turn up to training because he became "ill" as soon as Dundee United showed an interest in him. Miraculously, the mystery malady cleared up in time for his first day at Tannadice. 

It doesn't though. Which is why you can quote a couple of extreme examples only.

I reckon tomorrow we'll announce that he's away and hopefully Timmins and Joyce follow him as well. I think any interim team is likely going to be made up of Mathie and Davie White, which I don't really mind so long as we've got someone in place for the first week in January at the latest. 

15 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The main point of my quote is how disgraceful it is if he did , and if I was in charge of another club I would be wary of signing him in case he did it again , anyone who has done it is nothing short of an embarrassment to their profession 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon tomorrow we'll announce that he's away and hopefully Timmins and Joyce follow him as well. I think any interim team is likely going to be made up of Mathie and Davie White, which I don't really mind so long as we've got someone in place for the first week in January at the latest. 

It was rumoured that Mathie left Hibs because he had ambitions to be a manager.

Not that I'm saying that's why he joined us.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can't imagine mathie taking over as interim boss. Can't imagine how he'd have time to manage the day to day runnings of the club off the pitch whilst taking training every day.

3 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

I can't imagine mathie taking over as interim boss. Can't imagine how he'd have time to manage the day to day runnings of the club off the pitch whilst taking training every day.

There’s no way Mathie will be manager at Ayr anytime soon 

Edited by Finlay21