The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I have no problem with players wages, they will take what they can get, it is no different to any other industry.

The problem is when a manager throws silly money at an average player. It’s not the players fault when a club pays a large fee/wages.

Smith needs to up the win bonus amount though, he must have saved a fortune on that budget. Maybe cash might incentivise these useless b*****ds 

I've got a voice note on my phone from my pal who used to play senior who also knows Gerry Brittain about how McGinty ended up at Partick having never been seen.  It's pretty funny in a laugh at Gary Caldwell sense until you realise we have had 2 different managers who HAVE seen him and still play the useless ****

33 minutes ago, North British said:

Not a bad shout , their time lines collide at Hibs . Another would be Marvin Barkley at Livingston , captain and reserve coach . A double header with him and Effie Amborse would be a blast . Both able to play as well....

Not a bad shout although it's almost one of those where you bring him in and accept that if we go down you persevere with him given it's his first job. He's one of the few pundits in Scotland I don't hate listening to either and he also had a lot of good things to say about Mathie in his interview with Simon Ferry. 

I’d be interested in Bartley but I think we need success or and experience straight off the bat. 
Someone who can lift the club and Brugge the gap between the club and the fans.

in January, we need someone that can take the players most likely made available because they are failing at their current club and turn them round. Also turning round players we already have. 

36 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Had a conversation with one of the players dad and he confirmed that Ayr were paying £ 200 a week more than Queen of the south which is 800 a month, consider that with the way they wiped the floor with them on Saturday 

How is Mr Maxwell anyway?

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

He liked my tweet saying I couldn’t believe Duffy was gone yet.

I know over the years we've been spoiled with family members of players being quite vocal, what with Avci's mental sister or Moffs wife but when stuff like that happens you can only assume the player feels the same way and that sentiment is also echoed elsewhere in the dressing room. Can imagine there will be a few other players that would also like Duffy gone. 

1 hour ago, North British said:

Not a bad shout , their time lines collide at Hibs . Another would be Marvin Barkley at Livingston , captain and reserve coach . A double header with him and Effie Amborse would be a blast . Both able to play as well....

Bartley is out of contract at the end of the season and looks like he wants to go into management. Might be tough as he seems to be angling into the punditry side of things more and more. Big issue with Efe is that he barely speaks English, so I doubt he'd be much use :D

Wee note though, Bartley stepped up to Assistant Manager with us under Martindale last season so he has maybe a bit more experience than what you'd think. He's basically retired now too, hasn't featured at all this season.

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

They've probably accepted the fact that we will lose by 3 or 4 goals on boxing day and the 29th whoever is in charge so might as well be Duffy.   f**k knows what then happens on the 2nd

If he is going before end of season I would think it would be before Xmas 

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Bartley is out of contract at the end of the season and looks like he wants to go into management. Might be tough as he seems to be angling into the punditry side of things more and more. Big issue with Efe is that he barely speaks English, so I doubt he'd be much use :D

Wee note though, Bartley stepped up to Assistant Manager with us under Martindale last season so he has maybe a bit more experience than what you'd think. He's basically retired now too, hasn't featured at all this season.

He's without a doubt my favourite footballer (or almost retired as you say) in Scotland right now so I'd be delighted if he got the job.  Just strikes me as someone who would be a good manager as well  

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Remember it still hasn't actually been confirmed that Duffy is away lads... 

the jungle drums are getting louder though , although the don’t  always play  the right tune 

Edited by Finlay21