The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hartley would be a far, far, better appointment than Canning. 
I'm sure Falkirk fans might disagree, if it's Canning he's not going to be manager he's going to be head coach maybe that will suit him better plus he's not going to be going up against teams most weeks with budgets 10 times of Hamilton, it's would not be the most exciting appointment but I can see the logic in it.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Who is the better appointment - Martin Canning or Brian Rice? 

Some important context of just how bad this could be. 

You'd be sacking both within 2 years unless your happy rattling around mid-table, at best, with no coherent plan for your squad going forward.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'm sure Falkirk fans might disagree, if it's Canning he's not going to be manager he's going to be head coach maybe that will suit him better plus he's not going to be going up against teams most weeks with budgets 10 times of Hamilton, it's would not be the most exciting appointment but I can see the logic in it.

Hartley is a manager who's proven he can adapt to squads and losses. The Falkirk saga he seems to have learned from and not repeated. He comes across as someone who can inspire a squad.

Canning made the same mistakes over and over for about 4 years and admits he has no personality. He'll probably try and mix his defensive shitty style with a patient build up after watching Real Betis, and you'll end up with a shit version of John Hughes where you're CBs and GK complete 100 passes a match and your striker touches the ball twice.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hartley is a manager who's proven he can adapt to squads and losses. The Falkirk saga he seems to have learned from and not repeated. He comes across as someone who can inspire a squad.

That and a bigger budget than any other team in the league last year and most teams this year. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd be sacking both within 2 years unless your happy rattling around mid-table, at best, with no coherent plan for your squad going forward.

Canning made the same mistakes over and over for about 4 years and admits he has no personality. He'll probably try and mix his defensive shitty style with a patient build up after watching Real Betis, and you'll end up with a shit version of John Hughes where you're CBs and GK complete 100 passes a match and your striker touches the ball twice.

You forget that he is only going to be responsible for training and tactics now Mathie is in the door he will be resold or future planning 

Get something announced, Ayr and get the seethe in full flow. 

My sources tell me Graeme Mathie has shat it after reading this forum and is away to beg Jack Ross to take a picture holding an Ayr scarf above his head.

Martin Canning is currently standing in the Somerset car park, very confused, after club employees pretend not to know who he is.

For all the chat about whoever it is being a head coach rather than a manager - as far as I can tell theyd still be responsible for the training / tactics / style of play/ team selection and subs etc.      So past performance is still pretty relevant. 

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

For all the chat about whoever it is being a head coach rather than a manager - as far as I can tell theyd still be responsible for the training / tactics / style of play/ team selection and subs etc.      So past performance is still pretty relevant. 

Aye, it sounds as if it is the style of play and tactics which is the issue with Canning. I don’t want to watch a single second more of shitebag tactics.

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That and a bigger budget than any other team in the league last year and most teams this year. 

Cove will have a lower budget than Falkirk and Queens Park in that division.

13 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You forget that he is only going to be responsible for training and tactics now Mathie is in the door he will be resold or future planning 

Yeah, the manager still has an input into signing targets, and then decides which ones he actually uses.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your surely not appointing Canning? Be aswell keeping Duffy until the end of the season.

A total loser of a manager who lives on completely shitfesting Hamilton to safety a couple of times despite taking over a squad that could comfortably have finished much higher for a couple of years. He took over a Hamilton side sitting 3rd in the league in mid-January with 5 losses all season, and went on to lose his first 4 games, winless in 13. I don't think they ever even looked like finishing higher than 10th in any full season he was there. 

He then demolished that squad, which remember had been 3rd in January, and turned them into a total clownshoe outfit who pretty much survived the bottom two by either 1 point or goal difference every season as he couldn't spot a player to save himself.

His tactics consisteted of him trying to create a shitfest, hoofball, outfit, but being totally unable to do that so his sides were just camped deep and wide open.

A totally bizarre appointment which suggests absolutely no lessons have been learned after Hopkin or Duffy.

Couldn't have said it better myself. That run in his first few months totally demoralised everyone. We knew it wouldn't be as good as under Neil but he took a team that was closer in points to Celtic than 7th into the bottom half of the table.

Players like Andreu (granted he only played a few times under Canning), Crawford and MAC went from ripping the top flight to shreds to barely being able to pass the ball to a team mate. 

This, coupled with his woeful transfer policy is why Accies fans don't rate him. I can't remember the exact number but I'm sure he signed around 80 players during his tenure as Accies manager with very few being good. 

He's a really nice guy, I used to work with his wife and always felt bad that it wasn't working out but for me his 'nice guy' demeanor doesn't help being a manager, he's a soft touch and it's why I think Imrie at Morton is a much better option than Canning. 

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t think Mathie will appoint anyone he does not believe in with it being his first big appointment, don’t get that people don’t think he will have learned anything in the last 6 years , you don’t appoint someone into your business in what they achieved 6 years ago you tend to appoint on how they have done in last few years to see if they are in the way up or down 

We brought Hopkin in immediately on the back of constant failure and the guy that did that still has a say. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

We brought Hopkin in immediately on the back of constant failure and the guy that did that still has a say. 

Imagine the fun we will see if someone awful is appointed and it's leaked that Smith wouldn't allow Mathie to hire his first choice 😂

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I prefer to think that Ayr are the flies and utterly shite managers who only play hoofball are the shite.

I'm hopeful that a previous throwaway comment of Mathie's on style of play is being taken into account here.