The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm hopeful that a previous throwaway comment of Mathie's on style of play is being taken into account here. 

Same, although I can’t stop thinking that if Canning is the soft touch he is perceived to be then is he getting the job because he’ll just go along with everything Mathie says?

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

Imagine the fun we will see if someone awful is appointed and it's leaked that Smith wouldn't allow Mathie to hire his first choice 😂

Real picks up 2L bottle of strongbow instead of lovely cans vibes from the appointments so far. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Same, although I can’t stop thinking that if Canning is the soft touch he is perceived to be then is he getting the job because he’ll just go along with everything Mathie says?

Mibbie if ye have a jobby Martin, Mathie can wipe yer arse for ye. 

To channel Swiss Tony slightly, hireing a manager is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman, if that woman has killed several other lovers, its not looking good for you. 

Morton fans warned us about Hopkin, Dumbarton fans warned us about Duffy, both had different failures under their belts. 

Like Hopkin, there doesn't seem to be a moderate opinion of Canning, a......he tried to play football, or it just didn't work out for him, its all been "he's fucking shite"

If he does take over then obviously there is a chance he has a point to prove and it is a fresh start, there will be the period of, it isn't his team and the new squad needs to gel. He would be managing under different circumstances, a team expected to challenge rather than tread water.

We can't get this wrong again and we need someone who is going to lift the club in terms of mood and league position. Appointing Canning might not immediately lift the mood but if he lifts the league position then that will follow.  

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, and you'll notice me saying I think Davidson has fucked us this season and all the signs point to him becoming a failure of a manager if he doesn't adapt.

Not entirely sure why that means I can't comment on Canning tbh.

I agree. I don't think there is any comparison at all between Davidson and Canning. You can at least point to what Davidson has achieved as a manager - it may have gone off the rails this season but you don't become an idiot overnight and it's recoverable for him.

Whereas with Canning, I am struggling to find any evidence of anything that could be classed as success, unless your bar is so low that winning a play-off against a Dundee Utd side managed by the also impressive Ray McKinnon is considered a highlight.

Whoever is appointed will undoubtedly be ripped apart by a selection of our own posters and our comrades in arms from around the forum, unfortunately that's just the way of it with social media as everyone is suddenly an expert and their opinion is the right one.

Ultimately it matters not, it's not a fan led appointment, it's an appointment being made by Football men and a wealthy owner who are conducting interviews and given what's happened previously, I'm sure plenty of due diligence will have been carried out on personality, ability, ambition and indeed favoured playing styles but whoever gets it, it will be up to us as true supporters to get behind the man and give him a chance, irrespective of what failures or perceived failures he's maybe had in the past.

Bring it on, whoever it may be.

Football people go about giving jobs to the circle they are comfortable with I’ve seen it many times.

Mathie gets the job he hires one of his previous circle

Glendinning gets the job he hires one of his circle

If Canning gets the job he will hire one of his circle fact

My big concern is the club has spent money Mathie would not have come cheap,Glendinning left a job to come he would not have come cheap. If Canning gets the job he will be the cheap option he’s out of work it’s obvious and doesn’t follow the line the club was going. Have to say I was delighted the club are putting a proper structure in place at last but this if it’s right baffles me.

as stated the Morton fans and the Dumbarton fans were 100% right in there assessments of Hopkin and Duffy. The Hamilton fans seem to be saying the same things about Canning.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Whoever is appointed will undoubtedly be ripped apart by a selection of our own posters and our comrades in arms from around the forum, unfortunately that's just the way of it with social media as everyone is suddenly an expert and their opinion is the right one.

Ultimately it matters not, it's not a fan led appointment, it's an appointment being made by Football men and a wealthy owner who are conducting interviews and given what's happened previously, I'm sure plenty of due diligence will have been carried out on personality, ability, ambition and indeed favoured playing styles but whoever gets it, it will be up to us as true supporters to get behind the man and give him a chance, irrespective of what failures or perceived failures he's maybe had in the past.

Bring it on, whoever it may be.

I don’t think that is actually true - bar Canning or Rice I think there would be a balanced view from our own fans and possibly across the forum too. 

Canning sounds eerily similar to Hopkin. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

LAURIE ELLIS HAS LEFT QUEENS PARK

Reading the comments already on that tweet it seems to have been under a bit of a cloud. Feeling of underachievement with him and needing to get the next appointment right. Although I did notice one of their fans wanting Alan Stubbs 🙃

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

LAURIE ELLIS HAS LEFT QUEENS PARK

I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL

He was bagged for only winning one of the last 9 games, so don't think he'll be appearing at somerset.