The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McInroy must currently be travelling down from Celtic i'd imagine

He followed the club on twitter about an hour ago so I imagine he's either doing press or his signing is in a long queue currently being processed and the club won't announce it officially until that's happened.

I notice since Mathie arrived that VoR seems to let the club announce more stuff in exchange for interviews.

1 minute ago, Oceanlineayr said:

That 2nd goal in those Airdrie highlights is a belter of a shot.

He looks like a potentially excellent find, hopefully we can get his signing confirmed.

Seems to have been a productive January window for the club so far.

It was indeed a fine strike. He's exactly the type of player we should be signing. 

I hope he comes in with the right attitude ready to hit the ground running and to contribute to an upturn in consistency and results. 

7 minutes ago, North British said:

Still got Hewitt to come back but yeah still tight at centre midfield !

Isn’t Hewitt actually a right back though, but Hopkin was just doing his usual and filling the midfield with defenders...

He did have a few hopeful performances in midfield though. 

Isn’t Hewitt actually a right back though, but Hopkin was just doing his usual and filling the midfield with defenders...
He did have a few hopeful performances in midfield though. 

He was brilliant in the cup game against Dundee United tbf to him. I’d say he’s got more of a future there than at right back.

I’d say at the moment we’re probably looking at something like this:

McAdams

Houston

Baird

Rowe

Reading

Murdoch

Dempsey 

McInroy

Gondoh

Ashford

Maxwell 

Subs- Albinson, Ecrepont, McGinty, Muirhead, O’Connor, McKenzie, Moffat, Adeoye, Bryden,

Injured- Hewitt 

Other- Afolabi, Fjortoft, Smith

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He was brilliant in the cup game against Dundee United tbf to him. I’d say he’s got more of a future there than at right back.

Yeah, he was excellent in that game - I don’t think I’ve actually seen him play at right back! There was definitely something there to develop with him. 

Yeah, he was excellent in that game - I don’t think I’ve actually seen him play at right back! There was definitely something there to develop with him. 

I can’t even remember the first time I heard of him tbh. Did he make the bench under Kerr but never actually play? Same with Mark McKenzie actually. Just seemed to turn up at some point.

I can’t even remember the first time I heard of him tbh. Did he make the bench under Kerr but never actually play? Same with Mark McKenzie actually. Just seemed to turn up at some point.
McKenzie was smashing them in for the reserves, really burst on the picture with his brilliant performance in Hopkin's only bright spot the win away to Dundee.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d say at the moment we’re probably looking at something like this:

McAdams

Houston

Baird

Rowe

Reading

Murdoch

Dempsey 

McInroy

Gondoh

Ashford

Maxwell 

Subs- Albinson, Ecrepont, McGinty, Muirhead, O’Connor, McKenzie, Moffat, Adeoye, Bryden,

Injured- Hewitt 

Other- Afolabi, Fjortoft, Smith

I’d swap adeloye for Maxwell and play ashford and gondoh either side 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hewitt signed for the academy in 2018, I think. Started off playing at right-back for the reserves but also played in midfield. Played a handful of games under Kerr last season. McKenzie actually made his debut when McCall was in charge (though not for much longer).

Edited by RedEd

5 hours ago, Saltire said:

Look, I reacted badly to something and then reacted in a worse way to the responses. I'm sure Ayr fans now just want to talk about the transfer window not my issues with the OF. I apologise to Ayr fans for the distraction on an exciting day at the end of the window.

For what it's worth, Saltire old son, I hate the OF just as much as you do. We've all had our moments of madness on these forums - not many manage to be contrite about it.