The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, HMIP said:

Since Bullen took over, we’ve played Morton twice, Hamilton twice, Queens and Dunfermline once.  We’ve taken 4 points out of a possible 18.  Zero wins.  We’ve shat the bed in every 6 pointer we’ve faced.  Even Duffy managed to conjure wins against Queens, Dunfermline and Hamilton.  

This has been the most worrying  aspect for me since he took over. Every important crunch game, we've fucked it. When it's a game that's a dog fight, the other team looks hungrier and like they want it so much more, while we look miles off it.

Positivity is all well and good, but you need grounds for it. 

Inverness are on a purple patch, I can't see us getting anything from that game if I'm being honest with myself.

Dunfermline away will be the one for me. Win it and we are probably safe. Lose it, we're 9th and likely down.

QOTS away - When did we last win there? I love that journey, but HATE that fixture.

Partick at home - They've loved playing us this season and again, I couldn't fancy us for a win here at all.

So yeah, I really do think (if Ki**ie win on Saturday), it will come down to the Dunfermline game to decide. Hope I'm wrong.

10 hours ago, Hursty said:

Looking at the lineups it's worrying and actually bizarre we are ahead of a side with the likes of Lawless, Polwarth, O Hara and especially Dom Thomas in attack, when we are relying on McKenzie Maxwell and Bryden to create and score haha. 

Peter Grant

We’re getting humped at East End Park.  That’s priced in now.  2 home wins and avoid defeat at Queens and we can still finish 8th.  Seems doable until you look at the raw stats,  which are horrific.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

There's every chance that 34 points is our final total and that looks about right for 9th place. 

No wins in the last 8 games of the season would be absolutely horrific from us and deserving of relegation. Even as things stand I, almost, find it hard to believe we won't eek out a win from somewhere.

Wasn't expecting too much from Raith last night. Had an impressive start to the league but been playing like a lower placed team for a while now.  Pressure right on us but got enough games to sort it out. There are always some funny results happen at this time of year so difficult to predict. We seem to have competed well with Inverness this season and hopefully another two teams will be planning for other things by the time we play them. The visit to Dunfermline is the one i''m least confident about but hoping we can perhaps grind a draw out.  Either way would like to see some performances and momentum return just incase we don't sneak over the line  

10 hours ago, Hursty said:

After the last couple of games I can't really see it, but hopefully having Ashford back and Adeloye hopefully fit means we can freshen it up a bit.  

I hope we play both of them. I'm getting sick of watching certain ever present players run about contributing the square root of f**k all. Our right wing may as well not exist in an attacking sense.

If we persist with the one up top and pack the midfield nonsense, we only have ourselves to blame if we end up 9th. 

There really are scary parallels of last season now. I hope Dunfermline away isn't a re-run of Arbroath away from then.

I know this sounds defeatist. We can get out of this mess but Bullen needs to mix it up a bit and be a bit more adventurous. 

4 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

QOTS away - When did we last win there? I love that journey, but HATE that fixture.

Last win was 2-1 back in 24th August 2002. James Grady who is now 51 is the last man to score the winner in an away victory against them.

Most memorable things from that match was Andy Goram looking finished in goals for QoS and people thinking Alan McDermott was going to be good player for us because his last club was Man Utd.

Some crumbs of optimism.

Inverness have been up and down all season, may be due a defeat

Dunfermline are playing Kilmarnock, I suspect they will get a draw although Kilmarnock are due a defeat.

other than that, we just need to win, hopefully Queens lose and we can relax on automatic relegation. It would be a pretty big swing to make up 7 out of 9 points. 
If we go in to the game next week, level or below Dunfermline on points then I think we will get beat, maybe heavily. The rest of the season will friendlies until the play-offs.

Currently I am more confident about staying up via the playoffs than I am from winning league games. 

By law of averages, we are probably due a win. It would be nice to do it in the next two weeks because it would likely keep us out the play-offs. 

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

No wins in the last 8 games of the season would be absolutely horrific from us and deserving of relegation. Even as things stand I, almost, find it hard to believe we won't eek out a win from somewhere.

It's entirely possible Ayr don't win another game this season due to how pish they are.  

We didn’t win any of our last 7 last season. We managed to draw our way to safety thanks to Morton being even worse.

Draws won’t be enough the way Dunfermline are picking up points. We need a win from somewhere and to not lose at East End.

The bottom line is that we are at the bottom of the form table, (even below QOS) alongside Partick and Raith. We have ranged from poor to utter shite since defeating Raith. Bullen has played a huge part in that, with his continual shoehorning and chucking in Bryden up front himself. His lineup on Saturday is going to tell us a huge amount about how this season is going to end - sorry but it isn’t the time to continue experimenting with starting 17 year olds. An impact sub to play out wide off a central striker only from now IMO. It also isn’t the time for Ashford up front himself, as he isn’t suited to it and we end up failing to get up the park. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Can see us very easily slipping into 9th now. Dunfermline fundamentally have better players than us in key areas but also Bullen has the fear of getting beat so fields so called hardworking players which just makes it almost impossible to break teams down.

We need a win and a draw and we also need to avoid defeat at EEP. Our best chances of a win is probably the last two games where neither team has anything left to play for. Even then I’d imagine a few QOTS players won’t want to just lie down to us.