The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Ayrfix said:

Can we please try something new? Don't lose the first bloody goal for a start! C'mon Ayr, we can do this.

That would be novel. 25 times out of 32 games this season we have conceded first. It's ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So that should be QOS goose finally cooked.

Reckon if they are done officially by the time we play them that would make them more dangerous for us.

Possibly, QOS playing like that with a bit of pressure off, which might help their finishing, would pump us. We don’t seem have that level of performance in us - thankfully we have a goal scorer. 

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Good wee bit about the hub and a quick interview with bullen in this

Best look I've had at the hub, as obviously pictures only show so much

If the club want to talk about extending their reach into the community and beyond, its guys like this they need to be getting in and showcasing it, not the clubs own social media, since its mostly fans of the club that follow it

Time for us all to get right behind the team today - in return I want to see an attempt at attacking football, and getting after ICT and not giving them a minutes peace. It is our home game, and this is how we should be playing. Get after folk and the crowd will respond in turn. 

W

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

McKenzies inclusion is the only annoying thing. Murdoch being injured can’t be helped and Adeloye clearly isn’t fit enough to start.

Adeloye played 45 minutes last week, he is clearly fine to play at least 60 odd. 
Houston, Bryden and McKenzie. 

W
Adeloye played 45 minutes last week, he is clearly fine to play at least 60 odd. 
Houston, Bryden and McKenzie. 

As bizarre as it sounds I’d rather he played the last 45 minutes than have to take him him off the last 30. Also he barely got near the ball last week so I’m not entirely sure how fit he actually is.

Houston is a necessity as there’s no one else that would be an upgrade at right back. For all the talk of Fjortoft or Muirhead playing there I’m not convinced that wouldn’t be a disaster as well.

Murdoch will be a huge miss today but it’s a big chance for Kenyon and at least Bryden is starting the game and shouldn’t be isolated with Ashford next to him.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As bizarre as it sounds I’d rather he played the last 45 minutes than have to take him him off the last 30. Also he barely got near the ball last week so I’m not entirely sure how fit he actually is.

Houston is a necessity as there’s no one else that would be an upgrade at right back. For all the talk of Fjortoft or Muirhead playing there I’m not convinced that wouldn’t be a disaster as well.

Agree with the first paragraph on Adeloye.

On the second though, Fjortoft wasn't terrible at right-back in a couple of games under Duffy if I remember right. He’s ridiculously rash but I would play just about anyone there ahead of Houston. He offers nothing.

Edited by eez-eh

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Murdoch will be a huge miss today but it’s a big chance for Kenyon and at least Bryden is starting the game and shouldn’t be isolated with Ashford next to him.

I do get your point to an extent, as we are so poor first half generally but part of that is the line up. 

I might be wrong, but think it’ll be Bryden out left and Maxwell in the middle. My prediction is that Ashford will be isolated as McKenzie/Bryden don’t have the quality on the ball to help us up the pitch. We will lose an early goal and struggle away for the rest of the game and hope Tomi can change the game. Obviously hope I am wrong!