The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

£300k+ in January and I'd take it. Other than that he'll be here until the Summer which would also suit just fine.

Irrespective, it's great for Lawrence and also great for our club.

Keep him to the end of the season and then let him decide what he wants to do.

Would hope he'll not sign a pre contract with anyone in January incase the miracle of us getting promoted to the premiership does happen.

If it did I reckon there could be a chance he'd stay for another season.

Long way to go though.

12 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

I don't think we should sell him if were still at the top along with county as surely we will make more than 300k if promoted

It's a difficult one, no doubt about that. I'm just so afraid of losing this team and ending up back with the junior players and mediocre loanees of recent years, that I'm hoping if we do get a good offer for Lawrence in January that we could look to the future by signing up the likes of Rose, Smith, Murdoch, Forrest, Moore, McDaid, McGuffie & Crawford on extended deals. Harvie already signed on a 2 year and the older guys I'm sure would be happy to stay anyway. 

As I keep saying, Shankland is top class at our level but we're so much more than a 1 man team and I just feel that the way the cards have fallen we have a once in a lifetime opportunity here, to keep a young and exciting team together for as long as possible, as at the very least they'd cement our place back in the 2nd tier of Scottish football where we'd be good enough to beat anyone on our day.

Swansea, Sunderland and Wigan are the 3 bigger names down south I’ve seen are linked with him. All 3 would be brilliant moves for him.

I’m sure he had a trial at Swansea for a couple of weeks before signing for us.

I don't think we should sell him if were still at the top along with county as surely we will make more than 300k if promoted
Last season the difference in prize money between 3rd and 8th was about £200k. Add in >£100k for one home play off tie and I think it's easy to justify >£300k for Shankland even with only 6 months left on his contract.

I suspect, however, he'll be smart enough not to move until the summer. As a free agent his signing on fee will set him up nicely.