The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Are the travel club running a bus/buses to Falkirk? I don't have facebook and their twitter hasn't been updated...tried texting Jamie but didn't get a response

Yes they are. I believe one bus is full and 2nd is currently filling up. There's also the other bus from the bellrock.

You will have to contact Jeanne or Lisa I think as Jamie is on holiday

What's this nonsense that Caldwell is spouting about being struck by a missile thrown from the Ayr fans at Firhill on Saturday ???

I was more or less right behind him and I certainly don't remember any incident of this sort ???

Any ideas ???

What's this nonsense that Caldwell is spouting about being struck by a missile thrown from the Ayr fans at Firhill on Saturday ???
I was more or less right behind him and I certainly don't remember any incident of this sort ???
Any ideas ???

I was sitting behind him as well and never saw anything.

Someone else said on Twitter after the game he gestured towards us when we scored but I never saw that either.

On 30/10/2018 at 22:17, edinburghhonestman said:

Add in >£100k for one home play off tie

:lol:

Where are you playing this playoff tie with over £200k gate receipt? Hampden or Wembley? And where are you getting the 15000 to 20000 fans needed to raise that much?

This should be good.......

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

:lol:

Where are you playing this playoff tie with over £200k gate receipt? Hampden or Wembley? And where are you getting the 15000 to 20000 fans needed to raise that much?

7,000 would bring £98,000 (using £14 entry since adults are £17 and concession £11).  Obviously that becomes only £49,000 after the SPFL take their cut though, but I'm not sure everyone is aware of that part. 

Not that we need to worry about it anyway, we are winning the league.  

[emoji38]
Somerset. 6000 fans should be achievable against, say, Dundee United. At £17 each that's >£100k by my maths. Assuming each club keeps its home gate receipts.

7,000 would bring £98,000 (using £14 entry since adults are £17 and concession £11).  Obviously that becomes only £49,000 after the SPFL take their cut though, but I'm not sure everyone is aware of that part. 
Didn't know the SPFL would rob us blind.

15 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:
38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
emoji38.png

Somerset. 6000 fans should be achievable against, say, Dundee United. At £17 each that's >£100k by my maths. Assuming each club keeps its home gate receipts.

But you can't do it at £17 because of concessions, need to work it out at a lower figure. 

12 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:
22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Didn't know the SPFL would rob us blind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32319194

I'm pretty sure it was never changed but covered in here. 

But you can't do it at £17 because of concessions, need to work it out at a lower figure. 
Agreed. Not sure of the normal split but I'd guess the majority of the extra fans in a 6000 crowd aren't concessions do you'd still get close to £100k before SPFL take.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Any ideas ???

I saw something hit him on the shoulder. Looked like a crumpled team sheet/pie carton kinda deal. Definitely uncalled for. 

He looked around himself a bit looking confused, mind you he spent most of the game like that!

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Mmm, have you heard of the concept of VAT?

And are you banning kids from this playoff tie or just conveniently ignoring you have a 3rd price range?

1 hour ago, edinburghhonestman said:
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:
emoji38.png

It doesnt, as noted, the SPFL get 50% to pay for the parachute payment.

You are never getting 7000 for a home leg playoff tie, and certainly not all adults. And take the VAT off too.

5 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Agreed. Not sure of the normal split but I'd guess the majority of the extra fans in a 6000 crowd aren't concessions do you'd still get close to £100k before SPFL take.

I would guess your average per head net of VAT will be £10 - £12 at best. 

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And are you banning kids from this playoff tie or just conveniently ignoring you have a 3rd price range?

Yes. 

Yes. 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It doesnt, as noted, the SPFL get 50% to pay for the parachute payment.

You are never getting 7000 for a home leg playoff tie, and certainly not all adults. And take the VAT off too.

I would guess your average per head net of VAT will be £10 - £12 at best. 

I'm trying to work out why Queens fans can't keep off our threads 

On 01/11/2018 at 23:28, Skyline Drifter said:

You are never getting 7000 for a home leg playoff tie, and certainly not all adults.

Nearly 9500 on a snowy February this year against a sectarian horde a) that they had no chance of beating and b) that they had played half a dozen times recently.

Should the unthinkable happen and Ayr get into the playoffs Somerset will be at absolute capacity.