The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Ahh, f**k off - there’s Queens Park got Euan Henderson on loan. He was absolutely one I was hoping we were trying to get…

Ffs, surely they're not signing Henderson and Shields, oh wait Dundee will take him.

So we're clearly going down the route of English market and hoping we end up with another Akinyemi and not a Gondoh...

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why are we concerning ourselves with who other teams are signing? We’ll likely have identified different targets more in keeping with our budget. Let Dundee and QP sign who they like. 

100%

One of them is a much bigger club than ourselves and the other is being bankrolled by one of the wealthiest men in the country, so basically it would be utter folly to try and compete financially.

We are where we are, we're sitting 2nd in the league and have had a good season so far, what these others do is not our concern as a club we're now all about consolidation, continuous improvement and sustainability and that's good enough for me.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why are we concerning ourselves with who other teams are signing? We’ll likely have identified different targets more in keeping with our budget. Let Dundee and QP sign who they like. 

Because they are the teams we are competing with for the title/the play off positions… 

Good to see Houston and O'Connor back on the bench, best team we probably could have played, jury's still out on if i'm a fan of this 4/3/3 but this is the first time we'll have done it away from home on an arguably better surface than the last 2 games so let's wait and see. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Because they are the teams we are competing with for the title/the play off positions… 

Right, and there’s nothing that the club can do about who other teams sign. Teams around us are always going to sign players. We’ve still got until close of play on Tuesday to bolster the squad and every six months people worry about it and it generally ends up working out fine. 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Plus, there’s a fair chance these were 2 of the available loan players that we were looking at…

I doubt that. 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Absolute 100% stick-on that should tonight's result be disappointing the usual suspects will be saying that Of Course We Can't Compete Against The Aspirations Of Cove Rangers No Matter If We'd Signed Players Or Not.

Aye good one. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Right, and there’s nothing that the club can do about who other teams sign. Teams around us are always going to sign players. We’ve still got until close of play on Tuesday to bolster the squad and every six months people worry about it and it generally ends up working out fine. 

I doubt that. 

Aye good one. 

Of course they are - doesn’t mean it isn’t of interest - particularly when it is loan players in positions we need to strengthen. 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Good to see Houston and O'Connor back on the bench, best team we probably could have played, jury's still out on if i'm a fan of this 4/3/3 but this is the first time we'll have done it away from home on an arguably better surface than the last 2 games so let's wait and see. 

I hope I'm proved wrong but against a team with 14 goals conceded in 3 games we are going to letting their 2 centre half's double up on Dipo as a lone striker and thus render us pretty toothless up front.   

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

I hope I'm proved wrong but against a team with 14 goals conceded in 3 games we are going to letting their 2 centre half's double up on Dipo as a lone striker and thus render us pretty toothless up front.   

OR look at the fact Jason Naismith seems to be playing LB and should be getting ragdolled by either Mullin or JML 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

OR look at the fact Jason Naismith seems to be playing LB and should be getting ragdolled by either Mullin or JML 

Think he’s playing RCB in a back five. Looks like 

Logan, Naismith, McLelland, Neill, Paterson

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye, I prefer 2 up top. Frustratingly the 3 in midfield should make us stronger in the middle but never seems to work out that way. Murdoch a huge miss.

I thought they were very physical and bullied us in the 2-2 draw. It reminded me of Inverness of recent seasons so I just hope it doesn't happen again tonight as that side looks awful lightweight in the middle of the park.

Let's just hope we can out Football them tonight !!