The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Not sure the "stony silence for dramatic effect" works that well in interviews. Just ask the bloody question! 

At least he didn't start the question "Well <Insert name here>..."

I hadn’t really been paying any attention, but McCowan has had a pretty good season stats wise. 

Surprisingly only 20 starts, one of which he went off early injured and still managed to score seven and assist four. His goal the other night was fantastic. I wonder if he did ever develop that non existent right foot…

If Dundee want to keep him we have no chance, but ultimately he has been relatively limited in terms of starts this season so that will only worsen next season you would assume. 

16 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Me too. But so has at least one other club from what I understand.

Wouldn’t be too surprised if Thistle were looking at him. 

Doolan will know all about him from his time at Ayr. 

12 minutes ago, D&#x27;Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t be too surprised if Thistle were looking at him. 

Doolan will know all about him from his time at Ayr. 

It wasn't Partick. A club not too far from Dundee (and managed by an ex Dundee gaffer).

48 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

he went off early injured and still managed to score seven and assist four.

That's a hell of a game, what was the final score?

Just now, RedEd said:

It wasn't Partick. A club not too far from Dundee (and managed by an ex Dundee gaffer).

You’d imagine Dunfermline would naturally be able to offer him more money but you’d also hope that given our league place and potential income from transfer fees we’d be able to compete and match that offer. 

I’d love him to come home.

1 minute ago, D&#x27;Jaffo said:

You’d imagine Dunfermline would naturally be able to offer him more money but you’d also hope that given our league place and potential income from transfer fees we’d be able to compete and match that offer. 

Agreed.

15 minutes ago, D&#x27;Jaffo said:

Not sure how many of last seasons Dundee squad would be in a hurry to play for McPake again. He may well have progressed this season with Dunfermline but they didn't strike me as a tight unit at Dundee

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Not sure how many of last seasons Dundee squad would be in a hurry to play for McPake again. He may well have progressed this season with Dunfermline but they didn't strike me as a tight unit at Dundee

He'd be lower down the list of signings I'd see as rocking up at East End Park, but McPake was generally well regarded by the players at Dundee.

29 minutes ago, D&#x27;Jaffo said:

I'm sure he'll join us for our top flight campaign. Who'd choose Dunfermline over that adventure?