The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Well he doesn't look best pleased at all the abuse and crap aimed at Bullen and the team.....

Prior to play offs..

That's fitba. Fans moan. The end. 

Davie boy needs a thicker skin if hes getting upset about fans rightly being annoyed at inept performances for months (bar a few exceptions to that, ICT away for one)

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

This is as wild a take as I've seen posted all day.

If Scotland got to the semi final of a world cup (hear me out) and lost - say 6-0 - to Brazil, would that render the run to the Semi's redundant?

Probably not, but after losing 8-0 on aggregate to a team who were below us in the league I do not give a f**k that we finished 2nd. 

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

See, I personally have no criticism of Smith 🤔 Other than trying to hold on to the glorious nostalgia of the North Terrace, standing watching with my papa at 8 years old, it's never going to be forgotten but if it can be improved and for the better, why complain?

Onwards and upwards.

Smith has brought this club on leaps and bounds since The Mark Roberts regime. I think if we were to criticize, we'd simply be shallow or nit picking......

......yeah, he hired David Hopkin but we all make mistakes. 😒 That was clearly a personal development for Smith I reckon 😂

He hired mathie to help him with making the right decisions so he is learning as he goes. 

I have no doubt smith wants the best for the club and for the first time in a long time we have a plan I just don’t think Bullen is the manager that will get us where smith wants us to end up. 

btw I like bullen he speaks well and the players obviously like him but he just doesn’t have the tactical nouse currently. He needed a sandy Stewart type coach beside him 

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Everyone has an ego, I probably didn't word it great. What I meant is for every negative comment on here he will have people patting him on the back and praising him. 

I remembering reading an interview with Tony Fernandes a while ago. He was the guy who bought AirAsia from the Malaysian government when it was a shambles and turned it around. Subsequently he bought QPR. He said in the interview that QPR was a more difficult challenge than anything he had faced in business. At AirAsia he could change almost anything if he wanted to - but at QPR there was a limit because the 11 players on the pitch had a bigger tangible influence. Secondly, everybody had an opinion about what he should or shouldn't be doing and weren't shy at voicing it. I guess that would sound familiar to David Smith.

Any successful business looks critically at the previous year's performance to see how they could improve. Apple don't sit back because they have sold a lot of phones in the past, they have to have objectives that drive the business forward. While Ayr has exceeded last year's objectives, Bullen will have a new and tougher set for next season and we all assume will have significantly more budget with which to achieve those objectives. Smith won't be judging success based on sentiment analysis of posts on an online forum.

2 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Now that my jets have cooled I would like to reiterate a previous point ...what a bunch of moany negative c***ts we are .....happy clappers this happy clappers that ....whats wrong with being positive???

Yeah we were shit and and all agree it is an embarrassing and sore end to the season ....but that's football ...

Partick were the  better team.....

All our good play this season revolved round ONE player as we put all our eggs in one basket with Akinyemi....and he was injured and got sent off in play offs.....so getting beat was always going to happen when playing an in form Partick..

Another point in which I think we can all agree on ....Bullen managed to get us to finish 2nd with a fairly poor squad who almost got relegated 2 years running....Dipo aside and maybe Chalmers and Mullen we didn't have any real quality ...

So imagine ...just imaging if we build and add 5/6 quality players next season......

But for the love of god just bloody give Smith and the board a bloody chance ....we are lucky to have him and he actually has a bloody decent plan for us going forward....

Please don't scare him off with your over the top negativity....

Get behind the team, buy tickets, shirts and cheer the boys on whoever is wearing the shirts...

and hey if you can't deal with getting beat or any sort of disappointment whatsoever ...go support Man City....

Rome wasn't built in a day .....let's see where we are in 5 years time ......

Regardless I will be there supporting them ...

As they are my team whether they are pish or not ....lol

Moan the Honest men.

P.s Muirhead is a thunder C**T........

So what you are saying is. Smith, who has invested a sizeable amount of his own fortune in the club’s infrastructure to improve the product on the park, is going to walk away because people are complaining that the product on the park failed to the tune of 8-0?

That he won’t be annoyed at the people that he has paid let him down, he will be more annoyed at the users of Pie and bovril and would walk away ? 

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

So what you are saying is. Smith, who has invested a sizeable amount of his own fortune in the club’s infrastructure to improve the product on the park, is going to walk away because people are complaining that the product on the park failed to the tune of 8-0?

That he won’t be annoyed at the people that he has paid let him down, he will be more annoyed at the users of Pie and bovril and would walk away ? 

Quite possibly, seems like a fragile ego'd wee guy tbh 

Muirhead was targeted with chants of “cheat” by sections of the home ground following his reaction to Akinyemi’s petulant striking out in the 25th minute, but the former Honest Man insists the brickbats were water off a duck’s back in the heat of battle at his former home ground and says the English forward only has himself to blame for being ordered off after connecting with his face.

“I knew I would get a bit of stick when I came back to Somerset,” he said. “It was just handbags really, but he shouldn’t have raised his hands like that. 
“I was getting called a cheat. But if you raise your hands, you give the referee a decision to make.
“His hand hit me in the face. It wasn’t a punch, but he still raised his hand and hit me in the face. 
“He never said anything to me afterwards, but I think he knew himself what the decision would be.
“Every time I touched the ball after that the fans were giving me stick and calling me a cheat. 
“It’s part and parcel of it. But I don’t want that to take away from what a good performance it was from us as a team.”

For Ayr’s Josh Mullin, meanwhile, it was a bitter end to a season once so full of promise for the Ayrshire side. 
“Yeah, look, I think it’s been a massive season for the club,” Mullin said. “I’m hearing it’s the highest Championship finish in our history.
“But it’s frustrating when you go on your holidays off the back of two results like that.
“It’s hard to then look at it as a positive, but you always try to pick out the positives and that’s what we need to do.
“It’s been a magnificent season, and it will just need to go one better next season.”

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Quite possibly, seems like a fragile ego'd wee guy tbh 

He’s just never been exposed to running a business where folk will moan about him online. There’s not many people who can take that on the chin without reacting. 

FWIW he’s gotten better and Mathie has allowed him to take a backseat on the footballing matters.

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

Muirhead was targeted with chants of “cheat” by sections of the home ground following his reaction to Akinyemi’s petulant striking out in the 25th minute, but the former Honest Man insists the brickbats were water off a duck’s back in the heat of battle at his former home ground and says the English forward only has himself to blame for being ordered off after connecting with his face.

“I knew I would get a bit of stick when I came back to Somerset,” he said. “It was just handbags really, but he shouldn’t have raised his hands like that. 
“I was getting called a cheat. But if you raise your hands, you give the referee a decision to make.
“His hand hit me in the face. It wasn’t a punch, but he still raised his hand and hit me in the face. 
“He never said anything to me afterwards, but I think he knew himself what the decision would be.
“Every time I touched the ball after that the fans were giving me stick and calling me a cheat. 
“It’s part and parcel of it. But I don’t want that to take away from what a good performance it was from us as a team.”

For Ayr’s Josh Mullin, meanwhile, it was a bitter end to a season once so full of promise for the Ayrshire side. 
“Yeah, look, I think it’s been a massive season for the club,” Mullin said. “I’m hearing it’s the highest Championship finish in our history.
“But it’s frustrating when you go on your holidays off the back of two results like that.
“It’s hard to then look at it as a positive, but you always try to pick out the positives and that’s what we need to do.
“It’s been a magnificent season, and it will just need to go one better next season.”

Yeah I was one of them giving him abuse ....

The problem ....sorry problems I had with the incident was ...

1- Think Partick didn't need to cheat and would still have went through.

2-Ruined the game and tie and a spectacle and made rest of the game a joke.

3- He fouled Dipo 3 times without the referee( who was absolutely useless and wasn't looking at the incident when it happend l) blowing for a foul.

4- Is t was a push and a yellow at most, only reason looked worse is because of Muirheads ridiculous over the top reaction...and the fact Dipo is about 10 times the strength of him.

5- The absolute walloper Muirhead acted like he had been hit with a hammer ....but didn't have a single mark....then as soon as red was out was absolutely fine and then ...to make matters worse that wee squeef Tiffonny laughing at the Ayr bench.....

And finally what the hell was Dougie Ross doing running the line ....the guy was that fat he couldn't catch his own shadow never mind keep up with play....

P.p.s after that shocker I hope Muirhead is never back at Ayr again ....as he will no doubt get released 

It's not a page I can stomach going on too often, but really been enjoying playing the best type of bingo on the SRE, while looking at what's been posted since Friday. 

"Look where we were last season"
"Shut up and just get behind the team"
"If you're not happy, go and support .........."
"Stop complaining about results/performance/anything because you don't go to enough games/I'm a bigger fan than you"
"It's only a game anyway"
"Support the club through tH1cK aNd th1N!!!!"

Full house?

Painful.

Callum’s interview was woeful - magnificent success but then managing to blame Dipo for red mist for shoving someone off him after getting strangled. 

Anyway - Bullen has admitted how poor it was, I think we just need to move on from the singing incident. I can kind of see how it happened in terms of some fans singing and joining it in terms of being defiant or whatever. It’s not something I would have done, but I guess everyone is different. Time to move on from the clusterfuck of the last two games - hopefully a Monday morning update from Mathie about the coming season. Excited to see who we bring in! 

Not really buying the "two games too far" line, and there's no excuse for being miles off it, questions need to be asked about that. 

His point about how far we've come but also how far off we actually are was apt though