The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If we are comparing Mullin directly, then Mullin hasn’t been good enough to play in the top flight for a number of seasons while Murphy made 14 starts and 9 substitute appearances in the league last season. Three goals isn’t a bad return either. 

As for the injury prone stuff, it appears he missed zero games through injury last season. 

We don’t really know what we are getting, but I have an okay feeling about this one!

I prefer this to giving Mullin three years tbh. 

Edited by No_Problemo

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If we are comparing Mullin directly, then Mullin hasn’t been good enough to play in the top flight for a number of seasons while Murphy made 14 starts and 9 substitute appearances in the league last season. Three goals isn’t a bad return either. 

As for the injury prone stuff, it appears he missed zero games through injury last season. 

We don’t really know what we are getting, but I have an okay feeling about this one!

I prefer this to giving Mullin three years tbh. 

Very good point on his injury prone tarnish , only 1 game not in the match squad whole of last season and it was not down to an injury 

Edited by Finlay21

All this Josh Mullen chat reminds me of the days of Lauchlan Cameron being at the club! 🙄

As for Murfy, I'm excited to see how he does for us. He has a much better pedigree than Mullin and Maguire, it's just a case of finding out if he still has the legs for it. 

49 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Very good point on his injury prone tarnish , only 1 game not in the match squad whole of last season and it was not down to an injury 

This will also be the lowest level that he's ever played at, so providing he's still fit enough then he could be a fantastic signing.

He's also got a reputation as being a really good pro, so again a guy like that could prove priceless in helping bring on our youngsters. The way I look at it is that I'd be unhappy if I saw him sign for a direct rival such as a Morton or Thistle so think we've done well in getting him.

Of course there's no guarantees but personally I'm pretty pleased with this signing and I think all of us should at least give the guy the benefit of the doubt before writing him off as finished.

Just now, GaryMc93 said:

Suppose it depends if our only recruitment focus is players with parents on Twitter. Hopefully a CM is next.

I’m useless at finding parents unless it’s a really recognisable surname. 

53 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What we getting next then? Full back and midfielder is my guess. 

I reckon a striker, need one IMO regardless of whether Dipo goes or not and 2 if he goes. For arguments sake go into next season with Dipo, 1 x new striker and McKenzie, put Bryden out on loan would put us in good shape. 

I know there was talks a couple of months ago about Paton from QOS being chased on a pre contract but idk if anything is happening with that or not. Clinging onto it since he hasn't rocked up anywhere else yet.

The boy Greenidge of whatever he was called that @itzdrkmentioned from National League South would be good for our level but imagine that would only happen if Dipo goes.

Right back and defensive mid are the next priorities. Be happy to see Reading out and new left back in and one of Ashford/JML out and new RW in, preferable left footed. Then see what the Dipo situation is. 

Albinson

RB Musonda McGinty Reading*

Dempsey CM Murdoch

RW Dipo Murphy

*Hoping he is away right enough. 

Edited by callum-ayr