The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

I think Smith is 28 so no spring chicken . Also Raith have signed a decent right back in Watson , so his Fife options have diminished a bit . so maybe .....

We won't be playing Watson at right back.

Just now, Rb123 said:

Source?

There’s a page on Twitter speculating it but there fans all seem pretty convinced thats where he’s off to as well. 

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Any idea how much?

No idea. I’d be happy with what was offered in January and a tidy sell on clause. 

Just now, Dauntless said:

League 2 .... I thought League 1 as a minimum ....Ah well .................

I think he’s capable of League 1 but Gillingham seem to be throwing money around this year for promotion. 

I wish the guy all the best but so long as we get the money we are due then I really couldn’t care less where he goes. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wish the guy all the best but so long as we get the money we are due then I really couldn’t care less where he goes. 

Maybe they could throw Alex MacDonald in as part of the deal .

20 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Quite surprised at that.  Thought he would have plenty better offers in Scotland.

Dunfermline apparently came pretty close but Derry came in with a better offer, shame because I would've liked him at EEP. 

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he’s capable of League 1 but Gillingham seem to be throwing money around this year for promotion. 

All about the sell on fee though, and a move to league one and goals there gets you a bigger fee if he moves on…

I could see him scoring a load in league two though, and championship/upper league one clubs sniffing about. 

Someone said that Kenny Jacket was at Somerset near the end of the season, so if Gillingham are sending their director of football up then they must be seriously interested. 

I'm sure a deal was done in principal between February and now for him barring any injury. 

If Dipo is off to Gillingham, then he goes with my best wishes and admiration. To be honest we were never keeping him more than a year. But what a year. Falkirk apart. Oh and the eye bleeding football played. And Bullens inability to change anything during the game. 

51 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

If Dipo is off to Gillingham, then he goes with my best wishes and admiration. To be honest we were never keeping him more than a year. But what a year. Falkirk apart. Oh and the eye bleeding football played. And Bullens inability to change anything during the game. 

The team hugely overachieved last season and a massive part of that was Dipo Akinyemi.

Goodbye and good luck, Dipo Akinyemi. Thank you for your service.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If there’s anyone else stuck in the traffic at Tesco give us a wave. 

I'm stuck in departures at Heathrow. Not sure which is worse.

23 hours ago, WATTOO said:

As it stands the normal starting 11 that finished 2nd are still at the club with the exception of Mullin, however we've brought in Murphy as his replacement which could easily be argued that it's an upgrade.

The 2 new guys could be anything but we've still got Murdoch, Dempsey and Smith for the middle of the park and DIPO is still our Centre Forward with Murphy on one side and probably O'Connor / JML / Ashford all in contention for the other place.

Worst case scenario doesn't seem THAT bad in terms of relegation etc so again I'd be quietly confident that we'll be ok, but of course the 2 new guys could be superb in which case we could be laughing all the way to the dizzy heights of next years Championship play offs once again.......

We finished second because of some exceptional form before xmas. Central to that was Chalmers ,Mullin , Dipo and Kirk who aren't likely to be here next season. Our second half form would have had us mid to bottom of the table if it had occurred over the course of the season.  I think there is probably a bit more work required to avoid us having a poor season