The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes please 

Just reading on the Gillingham fans forum and someone was saying that they’d heard we were “horrible” to deal with in negotiations which pleases me greatly. Should be telling any club coming in with derisory offers to f**k off. That’s Gillingham missed out on two targets due to them being too cheap. 

Agree completely. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

I’ll just get the tweet in now for a years time. “Olly Pendlebury has terminated his contract by mutual termination, we thank him for his efforts. We will also not be extending the contract of Francis Amartey, we also wish him all the best.”

Get this recruitment process in the fucking bin. 

That "process" seemed to get us Dempsey, Albinson and Dipo.

The previous "good" processes captured Tom Walsh, Joe Chalmers, Jordan Houston etc, etc, etc.

The point being, there is no magic formula or silver bullet, just ask the teams that finished below us last season and the ones who were relegated as I'm guessing THEIR transfer policies weren't exactly deemed a great success......

Just now, VinnyPar said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't that recruitment process just bagged a club record fee?

Yes, well we don’t know if it’s a club record. 

You’re going to get duds but so does every club. Not ever club will bag a player that gets them a six figure fee. 

13 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't that recruitment process just bagged a club record fee?

Yes. People seem to think that if we shopped exclusively in Scotland every signing would be an unqualified success. Short memories.

Edit - not a record fee but a substantial amount of money and the highest in over 20 years.

Edited by eez-eh

3 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Behind Teal and Nicol for sure but maybe better than Hurst , so yeah it’s in the top five . 

I don't know how you managed to quote Itzdrk there it was some gobby pars fan.

My bad, still, any club in this league receiving 6 figures for a player doesn't indicate it's a recruitment process that isn't working. As others have said there'll always be duds but the occasional gem such as Dipo means that you're doing something right.

Edited by VinnyPar

Tonight's Q&A gonna be a laugh and potential to turn ugly/comical

Rocking up to the first league cup game with a weaker squad than last year.

Still willing to give it time since there's a good few weeks to go until start of league season but it's the fact league cup is seemingly getting seen as a glorified pre season again since we have a squad which is at least 3 or 4 starters away for being complete IMO

I know our group on paper should be a piece of piss apart from St Johnstone however Bullen's record in these games is pretty poor and we always make it difficult for ourselves 

Heads up for tomorrow, Away turnstiles are cash only at Stirling

Note for Supporters:

West Stand (home supporters) – cash or card at the gate – Season tickets are not valid for this fixture

East Stand (away supporters) – cash only

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's gonna be a slobber knocker.

Who's going to post updates on the thread or do a live stream?

Certainly its fortuitous timing to be having one. Getting the Dipo situation sorted will have lifted a fair amount of tension. Holding it the night before the first game might also have been a wise move with the current options we have.