The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Couldn't make the game tonight. What formation were we playing at the beginning? A 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2?

442 although Murphy was all over the place (in a good way) and was dropping deep and inside to give Reading space to run into and giving McGinty and Stanger a passing option. Bryden, McKenzie and Amartey all played up front with Amartey on the right hand side. 

I thought Amartey looked lively. Definitely raw but there’s more about him than JML or O’Connor. There’s more to him than just running the byline and seeing what happens. He was unlucky in the first half not to get a goal and then in the second half he just showed a lack of composure but should’ve have two goals in the game really. He’s got a load of pace but he looks as though he knows how to use it to best effect. I’d like to see him get a shot up front in a front two as I think he could be decent. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

442 although Murphy was all over the place (in a good way) and was dropping deep and inside to give Reading space to run into and giving McGinty and Stanger a passing option. Bryden, McKenzie and Amartey all played up front with Amartey on the right hand side. 

I thought Amartey looked lively. Definitely raw but there’s more about him than JML or O’Connor. There’s more to him than just running the byline and seeing what happens. He was unlucky in the first half not to get a goal and then in the second half he just showed a lack of composure but should’ve have two goals in the game really. He’s got a load of pace but he looks as though he knows how to use it to best effect. I’d like to see him get a shot up front in a front two as I think he could be decent. 

So you'd say Amartey is a replacement for JML and Daire, rather than Dipo?

On tonight’s show Murphy is an up grade from last years wingers, very clever on the ball and will help Reading massively who looked very decent tonight.

Amartey looks a player if we learn to use him, lost count times Hewitt just needed to pass a simple pass to him and don’t know why Bullen subbed him as he was a big threat with his pace.

Pendlebury not on long enough to make an impression.

Stanger definitely promising reminds me of Rose. and two wide players. 

Played well in the first half but started very poorly in second half and struggled to get a hold in the second half.

We need 4/5 good standard players to be a decent side especially a number 9 which is very obvious.

Although we've took 5/6 points so far we're still miles aff it. We're still in need of a LB,RB,CAM,Winger and a striker prior to the league stating on 5th August . Failure to get that should result in Mathie and Glendinning being emptied imo. 

Thought Stanger was a huge positive tonight. Thought he looked a bit shaky at times against Stirling but tonight he was excellent. Very composed on the ball and wasn’t afraid to drive forward at times too. 
Mutch also looked very steady and his distribution was decent.

Bangala was hopeless though. Came on and immediately started slipping over the ball. Think it’s best for everyone that he moves on.

Overall some positives to take although it’s clear we’re far from the finished article. A full back, attacking midfielder, a winger, and 1-2 strikers required for the end of the month hopefully.

Good first half performance but the second was fairly poor and we were hanging on a bit towards the end of the game. 

Amartey impressed me with his running, he is absolutely rapid and causes problems for defenders. I'm not sure how he will cope with Championship-level football but he was good tonight. Murphy has a touch of class about him and is still very much fit enough to play - Chris Maguire he ain't!

We are going to need a forward to get on the end of crosses and we certainly need at least one full back, although Reading had his best game in about a year. 

Forgot to mention Big Bangs, surely this guy is not serious about being a professional footballer? 

Edited by Shibuya

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bangala hasn’t improved any from last season. I wasn’t expecting much but I was hoping he’d at least know what position he’s supposed to be playing. Think the ball bounced off him a few times but apart from that he wasn’t in the game. 

He was clearly being told by other players where he should be moving, where he should be standing etc.

Baffling how the fella earns a living as a football player

Just now, Peil said:

He was clearly being told by other players where he should be moving, where he should be standing etc.

Baffling how the fella earns a living as a football player

He was in the right place to get that shot cannoned off his dish. A heroic block that lesser men would have ducked out of.

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was in the right place to get that shot cannoned off his dish. A heroic block that lesser men would have ducked out of.

The fact he took three attempts to get up suggests that he might be feeling that one in the morning. 

I think big bangs fell on his arse after about 30 seconds of coming on and even in the warm up he looked lost, sorry to say its time for him to move on would have been a brilliant story if it worked out but he's never a professional footballer. 

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think big bangs fell on his arse after about 30 seconds of coming on and even in the warm up he looked lost, sorry to say its time for him to move on would have been a brilliant story if it worked out but he's never a professional footballer. 

If reports are true and Paddy Reading has put in his third good performance in four seasons then all hope can't be lost for Bangs. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

He was signed solely on the recommendation of Bullen's pal, right? there's no way they done their 'homework' on him like they claim. They deserve all they get tbh, very sloppy work.

I'll bet they watched the Nice highlights on YouTube where he looks sensational, I actually can't believe it's the same player. In saying that, Gondoh and JML also looked like good players on YouTube.