The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

Was down in Ayr tonight. Without power it was like living in the nineteenth century. Or Kilmarnock.

No phone signal either

Now i know how it must have felt growing up in the 80's and shit before no phones, not being bombarded with spam shite on a phone that's trying to brainwash you and actually having to talk to other human beings, weird phenomenon that 

11 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I can't be the only one asking why it would be this bad, during daylight hours in early August?

New York, Delhi, Tokyo? I get it.

The sleepy Ayrshire riviera? Not so much.

I can easily see why an entire town of traffic lights being humped would be mayhem.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Whitletts and Holmston would have been an absolute shitshow. Especially Whitletts roundabout.

Sounds class tbf. Some people can’t drive Whitletts at the best of times so I’d like to see them try it with no lights. 

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I don't get why people struggle with it. It's perfectly simple.

Aye same here. Dunno if it’s because I’m used to driving on it every day for going to work but I find it piss easy. The hardest part is trying to manoeuvre round folk that can’t drive. 

41 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Whitletts and Holmston would have been an absolute shitshow. Especially Whitletts roundabout.

To be honest when I got to Whitletts roundabout I just closed my eyes and kept driving, hoped for the best.

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

I raise you the crossroads at tesco .

Was stuck in Tesco a month or so ago because of those lights. 

I’m just convinced that people can’t really drive these days and that’s a bigger issue. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was stuck in Tesco a month or so ago because of those lights. 

I’m just convinced that people can’t really drive these days and that’s a bigger issue. 

It’s the number of older drivers tbh that shouldn’t be driving anymore 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It’s the number of older drivers tbh that shouldn’t be driving anymore 

Aye that still think it’s acceptable to drive in the outside lane at a snails pace. 

Then there's the Armageddon of Burns Statue Square and heading out to the double roundabouts at the Market Inn not helped by the exit road being down to one lane for about the last 5 years due to the Station Hotel saga...

Edited by Rb123