The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

You either sign players to fit a style or find a style that suits the players. We've done neither.

Reality check today is we either need a target man or better hope that Stanger is a ball playing CB at Championship level as that current side are struggling doing what's being asked.

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

You either sign players to fit a style or find a style that suits the players. We've done neither.

Reality check today is we either need a target man or better hope that Stanger is a ball playing CB at Championship level as that current side are struggling doing what's being asked.

I would like to think they would know that a defence containing at least two players who are woeful on the ball can’t play a possession style game when put under any kind of pressure. 

Our starting team today contained four players who we know aren’t good enough to be starters based on last season; so it isn’t exactly surprising to open with a woeful result. 

Just now, ComradeDiego said:

did Murdoch and Pendlebury injured?

Pendlebury was absolutely fine. Lay down thinking the game would be stopped and then Morton scored. 

Scored a good goal but that pissed me off massively. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I would like to think they would know that a defence containing at least two players who are woeful on the ball can’t play a possession style game when put under any kind of pressure. 

Our starting team today contained four players who we know aren’t good enough to be starters based on last season; so it isn’t exactly surprising to open with a woeful result. 

Not surprising, but not acceptable.

Whose week is it with the bedsheets and the paint?

Largely pathetic today. It's very early days so I'm not interested in dissecting it to much but we were very poor. 

Our inability to find any way to change a game continues. Lost the midfield and Morton had the run of us.

Hope for better next week.

ETA - that was a truly awful cameo from the new RB. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, it was his first game and he has just arrived - but f**k me.

Edited by AuAl

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah it's a nice style of play when it comes off but wrong opponent to try it against as we played ourselves into bother too many times today.

Hopefully we can get Bryden a loan to L1 and get someone else in. Suppose we'll need to wait and see how serious Murdoch's injury is given his history too.