The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Of course there isn’t, just like there’s no chance of Imrie going to them.

Honestly no idea what your point is. They’re not appointing a manager already in this league whether it’s Bullen or any of the rest.

Aye it’s a total non conversation. Even if we weren’t toiling he wouldn’t be in the conversation for going there. 

If we’re going to be replacing him then we also won’t be looking at any other managers in this league. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Of course there isn’t, just like there’s no chance of Imrie going to them.

Honestly no idea what your point is. They’re not appointing a manager already in this league whether it’s Bullen or any of the rest.

It was just an observation on a rainy Wednesday that Bullen doesn’t seem to get quoted for management jobs, even as an outsider, which I find odd given he’s just steered us to our best finish in 20 years.  Perhaps the significant doubts Ayr fans seem to have about him have not been lost on others.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

It was just an observation on a rainy Wednesday that Bullen doesn’t seem to get quoted for management jobs, even as an outsider, which I find odd given he’s just steered us to our best finish in 20 years.  Perhaps the significant doubts Ayr fans seem to have about him have not been lost on others.

Is it not fairly obvious that you finished 2nd for one reason? Who is no longer at the club. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it’s a total non conversation. Even if we weren’t toiling he wouldn’t be in the conversation for going there. 

If we’re going to be replacing him then we also won’t be looking at any other managers in this league. 

I could see us making a move for Imrie. Doubt he’d come but he’s always talking about how weak the budget is at Morton. 

Hypothetically speaking, if Bullen was to leave tonight - who we fancying from this list?  Bearing in mind they'd presumably be working to same backroom/recruitment scenario. 

Think O'Dea was mentioned before Bullen got it?

Screenshot_20230920_110547_X.jpg

Edited by Hursty

8 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Hypothetically speaking, if Bullen was to leave tonight - who we fancying from this list?  Bearing in mind they'd presumably be working to same backroom/recruitment scenario. 

Think O'Dea was mentioned before Bullen got it?

Screenshot_20230920_110547_X.jpg

From that list I'd think Imrie or McCann would do ok.  Courts would be ok if it was the summer but not with our top heavy squad design as it stands. 

Edited by itzdrk

4 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I don't think there is much to read into it to be fair for a few reasons; 1) He isn't one of the usual suspect merry-go-round guys. 2) He's got no connection to Inverness and his family are down South, so would mean moving another 4 hours further away. 3) He's fairly new in the door, you'd think finishing 2nd would be more realistically be looking for a bigger job than moving to a club who in relatively terms are similarly sized and below us in the table.

I would be more worried if he wasn't even a suggested name if the Dunfermline (connection as a player, so might make sense to move sideways) or Sheff Wednesday job came up. 

I'm fairly certain he was linked, and approached when we got relegated. 

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

Would be even more incredible than the time the pars paid us a fee to take slow Joe off of our hands.

He's a sexy baller, would've paid double. 

47 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hope no one is expecting Bullen to be punted any time soon. Genuinely think he'll be here till at least end of November, barring some catastrophic run of results. 

I'd argue that we're in a catastrophic run of results. There is a body of evidence that shows Bullen is unlikely to turn it around. He's a nice guy but he's not a football manager.

Hopefully he recognises that because Mathie ain't sacking him until after the Airdrie game (at the earliest).

47 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

He's a sexy baller, would've paid double. 

I refuse to believe this. He always drifted out of games at big moments and became a huge shitebag, couldn't tackle, didn't track back, couldn't pass. Obviously he'll be playing in a much better team at Dunfermline.

Still think that selling him and replacing him with McInroy was the only reason we stayed up then.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hope no one is expecting Bullen to be punted any time soon. Genuinely think he'll be here till at least end of November, barring some catastrophic run of results. 

As opposed to the current good run?

3 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

How much of a capitulation do QP need to have for us to win on Friday night? That could see Boo-len safe for a couple more weeks

This is the problem, a win under any circumstances would be used as PROOF that he is the right bald gilet man for the job.  

Current reading of the room is they'll hang on untill Inverness sort themselves out and their hand is forced.